T H I R T Y - T W O || "This and that." ||

Something in the way - Nirvana

- E V I E -

I awkwardly turned around, still clutching Calum's hand for dear life.

"Hmm?" I say, acting as if I didn't hear my mother properly.
"Why are you buying a pregnancy test with Calum Hood, you're brothers best friend." My mum says with a lot of emphasis.
"It's for my sister, Ms Irwin." Calum but's in, a wave of relief rushes over me.

My mum eyes us suspiciously, then points her fingers at our hands.
"But what's going on here?" She shifts her shopping basket to the side and I almost crack a smile at how alike Ashton is to her.

"Calum and I started dating a few weeks ago." I say.

I turn to him, and watch as a small smile forms on his lips.
Mums eyes flick between us, and she nods painfully slow, making me a little bit anxious.

"Does Ashton know about this?" She asks.
"Yes." Calum and I say at the same time.
"I'm gonna need to sus this out a bit more, Calum, you're having dinner at our place tonight."

I chuckled and nudged my boyfriend.
"Yes Ms Irwin."
"Now I don't know what else you're up to but be safe my baby." Mum says while kissing my cheek.

That went a lot better than I expected.

-

"Michael just open up! We're not leaving until you answer this goddamn door!" Calum shouted.

The hard wood swings open, revealing a tired looking Michael with a frown plastered on his smug face.
"What? What do you want?" He groans.
"How could you leave your own girlfriend after she tells you she's pregnant?" Calum sasses.
"Bro I'm scared,"
"So what," Calum licks his lips angrily, "that does not give you the excuse to walk out on someone."

I watch in anticipation, eyeing down Calum as he continues to speak. His jaw moving quickly, like talking about pregnant teens was his passion.

"What the fûck was I meant to do?! I've got no idea how to be a father! My own walked out when I was born!" Michael screamed.
"Exactly, mate, you want that child to grow up and say the exact fücking thing? "My dad walked out on me when I was born" huh? You want that?"

"Michael, I understand. My dad walked out on Ash and I too. But you can learn from those mistakes, your own dad's mistakes, and you can prove everyone wrong. You can be the best dad in the world to that kid." I say.

Michaels green eyes glared Calum down, and his face released from the tense expression.

"I don't want that kid to know his father was a loser." He said softly, broken.
"Get in the car, we're going to go see May, she's has been on the ground puking since you left."

Michaels eyes fill with worry, so he grabs his keys and walks out with us.

"Good job babe." I whisper in Cal's ear, squeezing his lower back before planting a kiss on his cheek.

All he does is wink, and slap my butt softly, making me giggle.