S E V E N || "Fück school" ||

I Walk the Line - Halsey

- E V I E -
May and I drove quickly to school, she just got her P plates and to say she's reckless is an understatement.
Halting sharply at every stop light, going over curbs and going either to much or too slow over the speed limit.

I don't know how this girl even passed her driving test.

We played Fall Out Boy loud and proud, earning stares from strangers as we sang violently.

School is near, and I ain't prepared. I fix my school uniform and sigh as May stops suddenly in a car park.
"Jesus May! Calm down." I laugh.

"You gotta have a little bit of fun Evie."
"Yeah you're probably right, thanks for the ride."
"No worries, love."
"Did- Did you just call me love?"
"Yeah, sorry."
"Where's the origin of this?"
"Michael's always calling me that and I guess it's kinda stuck?"

I chuckle and roll my eyes. We walk into the school gates and through the main doors.
Mrs Medleys air conditioned main office moaned and groaned throughout the room, causing an awkwardness throughout the room.

May and I were two hours late.

-

Man did this school suck, watching everyone go about they're usual routines was boring the hell out of me.
May ditched me as soon as we got out of third period, she went to go sit with Michael and the guys. Lunch was always the worst time.

Which left me, with two decisions.

Sit with them.
Or
Be a loner and sit by myself.

I wouldn't be caught dead sitting with the 'hottest guys in school' (excluding my brother), so, I chose the latter.

My thoughts spiralled out into the blissful imagination I created, but I began thinking about Calum; and those damn plump lips.

Putting my head in my hands with a sigh, I did my best to avert my thoughts.
I rub my eyes, tired and still feeling slightly nauseous from last nights (pretty much choking on weed) events.

I begin eating the vegemite sandwich that I, rushed, made. It wasn't tasty, but it was food and that's all I needed.
Another person took a seat next to me, and I was quick to see if it was May.

But it wasn't.
It was the devil himself, Calum.

"Hi there Stevie."
"What the fück do you want Calum?"

The entire cafeteria was now staring at us but continued talking, every eyeball that landed on me almost felt like it left a bruise.

"Just wanted to see my favourite loser."
"Very funny, seriously, go away."
"Naw come on Stevie, give me some love."
"Fück off Calum I'm not in the mood."

Cal's hand brushed my thigh, sending chills down my spine and causing me to flinch.

"Do you wanna skip with me?"
"What about our next classes."
"Fück school, Stevie. Skip with me."

I felt like I didn't have a choice, his hand was on mine in the middle of the entire cafeteria and his eyes were almost compelling me.

"Fine."
"Cool, get your shīt and lets go."

I grab my school bag and get envious stares from the girls sitting around me. The room was crowded, making my anxiety creep up on me.

Calum could sense it too. Unexpectedly, he grabbed my hand harshly.
Even though he would never be able to hear it, I mumbled a thank you.

A sharp, claw - like hand gripped onto my shoulder.

I could tell it was Courtney by the way her nails scratched me, I turned around to meet her eyes.
Calum's hand still held mine but he held it tighter than before.

"What the hell you think you're doing?" Courtney snapped at me, looking at Calum then at me.
"Non of your business Courtney, fück off." Calum said.

This surprised the shīt out of me, he never stood up to a hot girl. Just fücked her, and moved on.

Calum pulled me out of the cafeteria, our hands still tightly together, and said, "Come on, let's go be unpredictable."

||

So sorry I haven't been updating!