Blooming

Hope you enjoy and in my last chapter I got Emma's boyfriend's name confused with something else so his name is Derek, sorry ;)

"... Emma and I never told anybody about it." I finish staring out the window at the stars. It's become some sort of habit when I'm depressed. Devon remains silent as I close my eyes to hold back more tears threatening to fall.

"Hey..." Devon pivots my chin towards him, gazing into my blurry eyes. "You don't always have to be so strong. Cry." I bite my lip to stop the urge to kiss him after what he said and rest my face on his chest, weeping.

After a gallon of tears I manage to sit up properly, pulling myself together. I look over at Devon and see him smiling sadly at me. His facial features illuminated in the light makes him look even more incredible and I begin to nibble on my bottom lip. Since when did I begin to feel this way about him?

"Stop doing that." he commands.

I taste a hint of metallic and notice my lip bleeding.

"See." he sighs taking a clean cloth. He leans in close, lifting up my chin to get a better view. He gently wipes my swollen lip as I feel his breath brush my lips. I'm really tempted to bite my lip again so I bite my upper lip.

"Avery." Devon scolds me.

"Stop doing that or else..." he cuts himself off separating us.

"Or else what?" I ask innocently.

He gives me an expression I can't describe in one word. Somehow sad, hopeful and longing. He doesn't answer as he starts to drive me home.

The whole ride is quiet except the engine. This is the only ride we've had when we didn't turn on the radio which signifies something's... Off.

He parks in my driveway letting out a long sigh and pinching the bridge of his nose.

I unknowingly bite my bottom lip and gasp as I feel the sharp sting. I touch it delicately.

"Don't touch it." Devon says removing my hand from my mouth. He stares at my lips for a while until I dare to break it.

"Devon... What did you mean earlie-" I cut myself off when Devon smoothes a strand of my hair behind my ear. He leans in closer still focused on my lips. I smell his minty fresh breath as he tilts his head to the side inching closer and closer. I shut my eyes quickly and scrunch my face as if expecting to get hit but, nothing happens. I open one eye slowly to see Devon even farther from me.

"Dev-"

"Goodnight." he states with a hint of anger, inferring me to go.

I drop the subject. "Goodnight." I mumble shutting the door behind me and rushing inside my house to my room.

I collapse on my bed, touching my lip and a picture of Devon suddenly appears in my mind. I sigh disappointedly but, don't know why.

Hope you guys liked it!!!

Do you guys know why she was disappointed? Or maybe why Devon was too *hint hint *wink wink ;)

It might be a little early to ask this but who do you think the 'figure' is or if you think they'll come back. It could be anyone...

Don't forget to Comment, Like and Fan!

Love you guys! Thanks for reading <3

~ Trisha xoxoxo