Double Date

I wake up half an hour earlier then usual. I'm quite surprised that I didn't hit the snooze button a million times like a normally do. I take a quick shower and change into a pair of maroon shorts with a gray v-neck shirt. I then, tame my thick brown maine of a hair, I let it fall in it's soft curls since I like the look of it. I apply a little mascara and with 10 minutes to spare I am done with my breakfast.

"What's with the special get up?" My mom asks, grinning into her cup of her coffee.

"A friends picking me up." I state calmly.

"It's a boy isn't it? Is it Devon?" she interrogates.

"Maybe... and no it is not Devon." I say grabbing my backpack and slinging it over my shoulder. "He's here, bye!" I rush out the door and see the stunning Bret Richman waiting for me. He's coolly leaning on his stark red sports car with that gorgeous smirk on his face.

"Hey." He smiles opening the car door for me.

"H-Hi." I stutter getting into the car anxiously. Calm down Ave.

There's an incredibly awkward silence. " Are you busy this Friday?" he asks breaking the silence.

"Uh.. Well it's my birthday so... I actually planned something with my friend."

"Oh, you should've told me sooner that your birthday was coming up. Well can I pick you up in the morning?"

"Sure."

We park and when we get out of the car a lot of people start looking at us.

"Are they dating?" I hear some girl whisper.

"I've never seen her before."

"I think I'll just go." I say running to my locker before he had time to answer. Is that what it feels like to come into school with a 'popular'? I grab my books and head to homeroom then first period.

Apparently we have shortened periods today.

Time flies and it's already lunch period. I take a seat next to emma who is tapping away on her phone.

"Who you texting Em?" I ask taking a bite out of my turkey sandwhich.

"No one." she blushes.

"Obviously not. Is it a boyfriend." I tease.

"Maybe... OK it is. Will you do me a big favor Ave??" She pleads claping her hands together and pouting her lip.

"What?" I ask sudddenly scared.

"Will you go on a double date with us?"

"No!" I shout instantly.

"But, why????" she complains.

"uh, cuase I don't want to and I don't have anyone to go with."

"What about that Devon guy, he's pretty hot." She winks.

"Definitely not!"

"Please please please Avery!!! I'll be your best friend??" She asks getting closer and closer to me.

"You are my best friend Emma!" I remind her.

"That's why you should gooooo!!" She nudges me repeatedly by the elbow. "pwetty pwease?"

"Alright!" I stand up to throw my garbadge away irritatedly and go to 7th period.

**************************

"OK class, get into pairs. Today we will be doing trust excercises." Mrs. Lynch announces. I turn my head over to Emma but she is already paire up with her new boyfriend Derek. Everyone else seems to be in pairs,

"Um, Mrs. Lynch there is nobody left." I say.

"Yes, there is, how about Devon." she points at him just a few feet away smriking at me.

"Oh great." I mumble walking over to him.

"What was that?" Devon says, mocking me.

"Nothing."

"OK now that everyone has a partner, the shorter one has to close there eyes and fall back into the arms of their partner."

"Close your eyes Avery." he grins deviously.

"I swear if you don't catch me I'm going to push you off that roof myself." I narrow my eyes at him.

"Yeah, yeah. Just trust me." he whispers in my ears, sending shivers down my spine.

I close my eyes waiting for the signal.

"Go."

I fall backwards into a strong pair of arms. "You see?" he chuckles.

We do a dozen more excercises such as trying to find each other blindfoldedthrough our voices. When class is finally over I look around for Devon.

"Devon!" I shout catching his attention.

"Yes?" he asks amused that I came to him for once.

"A-Are you busy tonight?"

"Why?" He question his smile growing bigger by the second.

"Do you wanna go to the movies? Not like a date just as friends because my friend Emma is making me go on a double date with her and her boyfriend and I didn't want to let her down." I ramble as we step into the music room.

"Sure, I'll pick you up at 8:00?" I nod to him as he take our seats and he puts back his headphones, listening to Boy Like Girl "Great Escape".

I sigh and shake my head at him disapprovingly. A few more songs later and the bell rings.

"Catch you later Avery." Devon smirks and shooting me with his hands and I involuntarily roll my eyes.

What did you think???? The next chapter is the date get excited!!!

Love you guys and hoped you liked it <3

~Trisha xoxoxo