Party Like It's My Birthday

"Avery, why did you pick that song?" he asks, waiting intently for my answer.

I have no idea what to say, heck I don't even know the answer myself.

"Umm..." He moves closer to me, pressuring me to answer. "I really like that song." I reply, trying to smile as natural as possible. Key word 'trying'.

"Is that all?" he asks, lifting up my chin to gaze into his dark blue orbs.

"Yeah." I look away and the door opens at the perfect time, with a man ushering us to get out.

"Do you mind going to my party?" I ask hopefully.

"Sure, I'll make an exception." I expect to see his usual smirk but, no he's incredibly serious and slightly disappointed.

He starts his car as an awkward silence over comes us. No radio, no talking. The only thing audible is the engine running and the occasional bumps.

Did I say something wrong?

We finally arrive to my house.

"Hey!!" Emma shouts, running over to give me a tight hug.

"Hey, you look amazing!" I say looking at her up and down. She's wearing a red dress that stops right above her knee, her hair put up into a messy bun with little strands of her blonde hair to frame her face. Her height is increased by about 2 inches thanks to her nude pumps and a nude clutch and her makeup is done beautifully, a sultry brown smokey eye making her blue eyes pop.

"Hey Devon." She smiles while he nods. "Now let's get you dressed!" She drags me up the stairs leaving Devon alone downstairs.

"Where are we going? What about the usual surprise party?" I question already halfway into a strapless black dress.

"To a club. They just opened this new club for teenagers under 21 and it's so cool! Also, that same old party every year was getting boring." She adds hairspray to my hair and starts on my black smokey eye.

A few minutes later and I am walking down the stairs in my new makeover as I see Devon who is very surprised. His eyes bulging and mouth hanging open making both Emma and I burst out laughing.

"Stop drooling and  drive us to the new club '21 Under'." Emma said, waving a hand in front of his face.

He rolls his eyes and drives us to the club. We get closer and closer as I start to hear music booming and neon lights.

"Yayy!!" Emma and I squeal. We jump out of the car and head straight for the velvet ropes being guarded by a bald and very big man. Similar to 'The Rock'.

He looks at us from head to toe then approves, letting us in.

When I first step into the club the flashing lights immediately catch my attention, making me refocus my vision as well. The whole area is very spacious and sleek. We head to the bar and take a seat in one of the tall chairs and lean on the granite table. We are greeted by a handsome bar tender named Talen.

"Hello ladies." He smirks. "What can I get you tonight?"

Since were under the age to be drinking everything that you can drink here has no alcohol but, instead has a lot of sugar and caffeine to get you hyper, not high. 

"Shirley Temple." I smile flirtatiously.

"Pinnacolotta." Emma says.

As soon as we finish ordering Emma drags me to the dance floor.

"Come on Ave'!" She screams.

"No, no, no, Emma you know about me and dancing." I warn her.

"But it's your birthday!! Party like it's your birthday!!" She shouts over the deafening music. I escape from her grasp and run for the bar (which is not easy in heals). I bump into a solid object thinking it was a wall or something but, walls aren't warm.