Hold On

I'm feeling further, feeling further from you everyday

You're in the stars, in the stars, yeah your worlds away

I'm moving on, moving on, then I hear you say

Hold on, Hold on

The music leaks through my headphones and into my ears as I sing along to it. There's no doubt in my mind why I'm singing this song and who I was thinking about during it. Yes, I have Bret but-

I can't undo what I felt for him. I can't forget the memories we had. I can't erase the mark he left on me. I can't...

We're losing light, losing light, yeah we're fading fast

We had a fire, need a spark, or we'll never last

Just look at me, look at me, I've been burning for you

So long, so long

I should walk away

Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh

I look at you and (Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh)

I get the feeling (Oh-Oh-Oh-Oh)

I think that I should hold on, hold on

No. No. I can't be like this. Especially not on the night of the play. Bret is my Romeo. My one and only. He's..... the one.

"You hesitated."

I did a 180 degree turn looking in the direction of the voice.

"Emma!" I sigh heavily of relief.

She says flatly, "You do realize that you were saying those stuff out loud, right?"

"I-I was?" She nods.

"You're lucky that I was the only one who heard that because if it was someone else that would have been disastrous."

My voice comes out with uncertainty "Yeah."

"Come on lets get you ready Juliet. You gotta look good for your Romeo." She slips her hand around my arm as she hauls me over to the dressing room. Then, the makeup area.

I walk stiffly to the makeup chair as this corset seems to be getting tighter and tighter the more I move.

"You know," Emma starts as she applies blush to my cheeks. "The people who we love the most, hurt us the most. The people we need the most, seem to not care much about us."

"Em-"

She ignores me completely. 

"But, it's up to you to decide if they are worth the pain. It's up to you to decide if loving them was a mistake or a miracle..."

She gives me a shy smile and a thumbs up before walking away.

Wow. Emma is never that serious or deep.

"5 more minutes!" They call out.

"Deep breathes, deep breathes."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged." 

He leans in stealing a kiss from me. I must act surprised and that I'm not suppose to like it while not straying away from him either.

His face, his eyes, flash in my head. I back away for a moment with mixed emotions on the surface. 

We can't.

But we should.

I want to.

Those lines repeating in my head.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Claps and whistles are heard around the auditorium to the backstage as the velvet curtains find there way back to each other.

"Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! That was fantastic! I especially loved in act 1 scene 5, Avery that was great acting. We saw how you felt it was wrong to kiss Romeo because of your family's past but you deep down you lusted for him too!" Angela jumps on me to give me a big hug.

"Bret, you were great too. You really redefined football players." He chuckles shyly with a slight bow of the head. "Oh! Good luck on your big game on Friday too!"

~ Trisha xoxo