Talking to the Moon

"How are you feeling?" Bret asks as we step into music class.

"Okay." I respond. 

He kisses my cheek as he joins his little 'popular' gang and I sit by Devon our little 'quiet' gang." He glances at me for  a moment before going back to his music.

Class goes by slowly since I didn't pay much attention, just fiddled with my fingers and stared off into space trying to remember things that remained fuzzy.

Ring!!!

I get up quickly bolting out of the door and to my locker as usual or so I have been told. I still don't really get my schedule. Today I'm suppose to go to the roof according to Devon. He told me to bring headphones and music. I do as I'm told and work my way up the endless stairs until I see a steel door.

The second I open the heavy door I feel a chilly breeze caress my face. I take a deep breath soaking in the fresh, cool December air. I look up and find a pool of blazing stars covering every inch of the dark night sky.

"Wow." I mumble.

"Beautiful isn't it?" I hear a deep voice from behind me making me jump in shock.

"Oh yeah." I say looking confused at Devon. He has an unreadable expression on his pale face. It didn't seem like he was talking about the stars, he's staring straight at me as if he can see everything. I shiver microscopically.

"Do you... remember anything?" He asks, hands in the pockets of his jeans, eyes on me.

"Sorry." I mutter tilting my head down.

"Don't be." He waves a hand motioning me to sit down by the edge.

I sit down cross-legged now seeing a guitar that Devon's been holding this entire time.

I'm really out of it today.

He mimics my sitting position putting the guitar on his lap and clearing his throat.

"I know you're somewhere out there

Somewhere far away

I want you back, I want you back

My neighbors think I'm crazy but they don't understand

You're all I have, You're all I have

At night when the stars light up my room

I sit by myself

Talking to the moon

Trying to get to you

In hopes you're on the other side, talking to me too

Or am I a fool?

Who sits alone talking to the moon... Ohh"

I close my eyes involuntarily. Listening to his silky voice roam in the air enveloping me in a sweet harmony. Then I open them, gazing at his silhouette. The moonlight making his hair look like smooth silver and his skin ghostly and his eyes oh his eyes. It's mesmerizing me in a perilous way.

"Ahhh... Ahh... Ahhh

Do you ever hear me calling?

Ahhh... Ahh... Ahhh

Ohh oh ohhh

Cause every night I'm talking to the moon

Still trying to get to you

In hopes you're on the other side talking to me too

Or am I a fool?

Who sits alone, talking to the moon

Ohoooo

I know you're somewhere out there

Somewhere far away."

A deathly silence overtakes the rooftop.

I have a feeling that that song had a meaning... a deeper meaning.

I lightly applaud, giving him more credit then needed.

He smiles then grasps his throat.

"Are you alright?" I ask alarmed.

He lets go and smirks. "Yeah. The air is just really cold."

I nod rubbing the sides of my arms now suddenly realizing he was right. He seems to notice, moving closer next to me and draping an arm over my shoulders. I feel so much warmer as we share our body heat. I listen to my heart pounding and watch our visible breaths due to the coldness. 

Comfort washes over me... as well as a memory. Emotions storming in all at once too much for me to handle.

"It's you." I blurt out.

So? What do you think the memory is? What do you think Avery is talking about?

Hope you liked this chapter thanks for reading you lovely people of Wattpad!!! <3

Vote, Comment and Fan!!!

~ Trisha xoxoxo