Distraction

"What!?" Emma shouts through the phone, completely flabbergasted.

"I have to go and Emma, hurry!" I close my phone.

When I walk out I notice Eliza chatting with Devon, there faces close to each others. It bugs me.

I take a seat forcing out a smile that seemed to fool Eliza but, not Devon.

"So, you're the Avery Devon was talking about." She says cheerfully.

"Yup." I say popping the 'p' and tapping my fingers impatiently while waiting for Emma.

I take a big gulp of my cappuccino and keeping my eye contact away from both of them. I let out a sigh of relief when I see Emma rush through the door panting. She spots us and 'calmly' strolls over to us. 

"Uh, hi!" She says awkwardly. "I'm Emma." she smiles.

"Eliza." she replys.

An awkward silence fills in between us four.

"Well, we'll be going now." I say getting up and pulling Emma by the arm and waving goodbye.

I dash to my car with Emma right behind me. Once I get in I bang my head against the wheel.

"He has a girlfriend. Of course he has a girlfriend, he's perfect and so is she. I'm nothing compared to her."

"No, you're way better then her. You're so much more talented and strong. Devon will notice at some point." she comforts me.

"And what if he doesn't?" I ask worriedly, combing my fingers through my tousled hair.

"Then, it's his loss." She smiles.

"Thanks Emma you're the best." We hug for a while until we decide that's enough sappiness for today.

"So, have anything in mind to clear your head?" Emma asks.

"Yeah, I do but, you're not gonna like it."

"Avery." She warns.

"Calm down. Just please let me do this. I need a distraction."

I drop Emma off at her house after our long chat in the car.

"Be careful." She states.

"I will." I take my phone out.

Are you free right now?* I text getting a reply right after.

Yeah why? 

Can you meet me at the mall in the arcade?

Sure ;)

~~~~~~~~~

"Hey." he smirks.

"Hey... Bret."

Woah Woah Woah!!! Looks like she got herself a little date with Bret!!!! What do you think??

Please Comment, Vote and Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you guys <3

~ Trisha xoxoxoxoxo