Forget

I lay there, everything a blur and my head constantly spinning. I close my eyes hoping it will help but it doesn't. It's as if a dozen criminals are locked up in my head pounding to get out. I try to stand up, I fail miserably. Pushing myself against the wall to keep balance. Then, small black spots over take my vision and my eyelids feel like they weigh a ton.

Thud! 

"Avery! Avery!" Is the last thing I remember hearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I slowly flutter my eyelids open and am immediately blinded by the bright lights and white walls.

"Where am I?" I mutter trying to sit up. I inspect the room to only see a familiar face but, I can't put my finger on it.

"You're in the hospital honey." She says, her eyes swollen and bags under them.

"Who are you? What happened?" I ask grabbing my forehead once I feel a sharp pain.

"I'm your m-mom. You fainted and hit your head." She says on the verge of some more tears. "There was a pool of blood around you... The doctor said that your memory will be kind of hazy due to the impact."

"Oh." 

A man in his late thirties, short blonde hair, pale green eyes and glasses comes strolling through the door with his long white lab coat and a clipboard.

"How are you feeling Avery?" He asks, smiling.

"I've been better." I mumble still holding on to my pulsing head. He nods.

"It appears that she fainted because of extreme stress and anxiety. I recommend resting most of the time and try not to do anything with much labor. As well as to drink plenty of water. And about her memory it's a good idea to put her around familiar things to jog her memory." He finishes taking out a small flashlight and pointing it straight into my eyes temporarily blinding me. "Other then that she'll be just fine. I'll call in the guests." He walks back out taking long smooth strides and giving us one last smile.

"Guests?" I girl with striking blonde hair arrives with a very worried look on her face.

"Avery!" She bolts over to my side and gives me one of the tightest hug of my life.

"Umm.." I say awkwardly, not knowing what to do. Should I hug her back? She slowly backs away, confused.

"She doesn't remember some things." My mom cuts in.

"Oh." A frown instantly takes over her face. "I'm Emma." She introduces politely.

She opens her mouth to say something else when we're interrupted by a boy bursting through the door panting, sweat dripping from his forehead and his hair everywhere like he ran his fingers through them a million times.

"Avery." He starts walking up towards me with a relieved expression.

"Who are you?" I ask getting even more and more confused by the second.

"I'm Devon, don't you remember me?"