Everywhere I Go

The next day I actually didn't mind waking up for school. It surprised me and my mom.

"Have a good day!" My mom yells happily.

"Thanks!"

************

Second period, art class. When I walked in I recognized a person with a hood up and headphones, Devon. I take a seat next to him.

"You should listen to the teacher once in a while you know." I say to him.

"That's what they all say." He smirks.

"Well you barely talk and today is the only day I noticed you were even in this class." I argue.

"At least you noticed at all."

"Okay class take a look up at the screen." Our teacher Mr. Lipton says.

"We will be working on a project with the drama club and help create their props for their play 'Romeo and Juliet'. Some of you will be in the play and do some explaining." A few people including me walk to the front of the room and start elaborating. We all take turns and when its mine I see Devon actually paying attention for once. Art class went by quickly and coincidentally I have a meeting with the drama club next, we will be assigning roles.

I don't pay much attention until I hear my name being called. "The person who will be playing Juliet is... Avery." Angie, our director says catching me by surprise.

"Wait what?! Why me?" I blurt out.

"Everyone here agreed that you are our best actress and exceptionally beautiful to play as Juliet."

"Do I even have a say in this?" I ask.

"Not really. Now, we have a big problem. Our Romeo will be transferring before our play, he's agreed to practice until we find a new Romeo but, we don't know anyone who will meet our expectations. That's why today we will be on a hunt for our Romeo! If any of you know someone who can do it contact me immediately!" Angie fires up the others and gives us handouts to be our Romeo. They all split up to pin them up.

"Avery!" Angie calls out.

"You do have a say in our new Romeo since you will be kissing him." She winks. "Choose carefully." And with that she joins the others.

I have to kiss him?!?! Romeo better be hot!

*******

The lunch bell rings as I find my friends and head to our usual table.

"Hey what wrong boo?" Emma asks noticing how stressed I am.

"Trying to find a new, hot Romeo and since I'm Juliet and I have to kiss him." I say.

"Sucks! I'll help OK?"

"Thanks." We quickly finish our lunch and head to our next class. I rush over to gym class.

"Today we will be playing dodge ball." Mrs. Lynch echoes through the vast court.

We equally split into two teams as a few people place the dodge balls on the line separating us. I am fairly athletic compared to other girls so, I take three people out quickly.

I turn around to pick up a ball

Bam!

I feel a ball hit my butt harshly and turn around to see who the jerk is... It's Devon smirking happily at me with his tongue out.

What the hell?! How many classes am I in with him?

I irritatedly walk over to the bench hoping someone will catch a ball to get me back in the game.