Chapter 4

Mike to the top. Remember him from the Vancouver chapter of Forever Mine?

Chapter 4

Sabrina's POV

Looking at the sun, I notice that I only have maybe two hours before sunset so I immediately start making my way back to the cave. I didn't go too far from it, maybe just a few miles in every direction.

It did feel really good to stretch my legs again. The feeling of the wind rushing past my face as I run at my absolutely fastest speed is something that I'll never get used to. It's such a great feeling especially since I don't have a chance to do it often. I'm so happy that Drew let me run.

I don't like leaving Drew, but I did miss this open feeling. I wonder why Drew let me go though. I would have thought that, especially since after the attack, he wouldn't let me out of his sight. Honestly, I was ready to deal with his overprotective nature but he really did just let me run around by myself. Granted he gave me a gun but still.

Thinking about the weapon I have hidden, I make sure that it's on safety before continuing on my way. I remember the first time I held a gun from this century and I almost took Drew's head off since I didn't realize how sensitive it was. Luckily his reflexes are just as quick as mine.

I wipe the blood from the deer that I just tore apart from my lips just as the entrance of the cave comes into view. I made sure earlier to rip and completely destroy the body of the deer so that the two fang marks aren't noticeable. They're still there but you could barely make them out.

Entering the cave, I smile at Drew's peacefully sleeping figure still huddled in the back corner. He's so handsome when he's sleeping. I remove the gun from my body and slide it in his back pocket since that's where I think he pulled it off from earlier this morning. Lying down on the ground, I wrap one of his arms around my body while scooting closer to him.

I turn with my back against his chest while keeping an eye out at the entrance in case something or someone enters. The sun is just starting to set so Drew should be waking up soon. I don't want to wake him up too early since I want to make sure he gets enough sleep and it usually takes him a while to fall asleep anyways. He told me once that he was trying to adapt to my sleeping schedule but he failed miserably.

He failed on the first day. He couldn't go one day without sleeping. At least I tried to sleep once a day for three days before giving up. Our sleeping schedules just weren't meant to be together I guess. But it's so boring just lying here and waiting for him to wake up.

It's about an hour after the sun completely sets over the horizon before I feel his arm tighten around my body. Finally, he's awake! I turn back around with a huge smile to see him groaning while rubbing his eyes. "Hey babe," he greets, with a husky voice from just waking up.

I giggle at the sleepy look in his eyes before giving him a peck in the cheek. "Had a nice sleep?" I ask, sitting up. Cracking my back, I frown at how uncomfortable that position was, and I was only in it for an hour! Drew must have been asleep for ten so his back must be killing him right now. Poor thing.

He shakes his head. "My back is killing me. And is that the gun in my pocket?" he asks, sounding more awake now.

I nod my head while brushing my hair back with my fingers. "Yeah, I didn't know where else to put it since I don't want it out in the open but I also didn't want to hold it in any longer. Anyways, are you hungry?" I ask.

"Yeah, but not for animal blood." Oh. I grimace at what he's implying while he just looks at me with an apologetic expression. "I'm sorry, sweatheart. But I just can't-"