Chapter 2

Sophie's POV

So, yeah. I was mad. I was picked up on again, someone I barely knew tried to play hero (well... that's ironic) and I got home later than usually.

I am the routine kind of person. If my routine changes, I get mad. Well, that changed when I met these guys.

Whatever, I am not mad all the time. I am a very sensitive and emotional human being. Well, ignore that last part. I am not human anymore.

Anyway, I am going to fast forward in three months from the first meeting. Yes, there were more. We became friends etc. You know, usual stuff. And then was the science fair. That was an utter disaster.

So, it was Friday and there was this fair I was participating in. Damn, how much I regret this.

So Liz was already there, we were best friends now, and Mike was on his way with Charlie and Jake. We were taking care of my "invention" when I needed to go to the bathroom. I have to admit, I was nervous, anxious and all the other synonyms in existence.

As I was puking in the bathroom and Liz was holding my hair, the guys arrived. The fair started and everything went to "hell" after that. Sorry for that, I don't swear, but I can't find a more appropriate word.

The time passed quickly. Before I knew it, it was my turn. I was sure something was wrong.

I started the machine. Even if I explained what it was you wouldn't understand. It was big and loud and was used to alter DNA, therefore transform something into something else.

I glanced at my friends who were encouraging me. I turned the stupid machine on and it started making noises louder than any other time and my suspicions were confirmed. I had been sabotaged.

"Everyone get out! It is going to explode!" I shouted. As everyone was getting out and my friends and I were helping them, we're ran at the door when Darren, the bully, looked at us with a smirk.

"Not today losers."

"Darren, get out of the way!" Jake shouted as Darren slammed the door shut and locked it.

"Damn it Darren, this isn't funny! Open the damn door!" Charlie knocked the door, but our damn bully was already away.

"What do we do?" Liz asked.

"There's nothing... The door is locked and it is far too hard to break." I whispered.

"So... That's it? The end?" Mike asked.

"I am so sorry... This is all my fault." I started crying and Jake grabbed my shoulders.

"Sophie, if someone can get us out of here alive, it's you. Think." He told me.

"There's nothing... We would have to break the glass at the door, but some genius made it bulletproof. There is no way out."

"What kind of idiot did that?" Charlie asked.

"The same kind that put the science fair expedition in a room with only one door! That's not the damn point. We are doomed." I said.

"So this is goodbye?" Liz asked.

"I don't think so..." We heard a voice from behind us, but before we could match it to someone we knew or see their face the room exploded.

One week later...

I opened my eyes at a hospital. I couldn't remember why, how or when I got there, but I was definetly in a hospital room. I tried to sit up, but my head hurt a lot. I had a bandage around my forehead and it hurt far too much. I patted the little table next to me for my glasses, but they weren't there.

That's when the nurse came in. She seriously had no expression on her face and showed no emotion whatsoever. Her face was pale and her brown eyes were as if they were empty. Her nearly white blonde hair was tied up in a perfect bun, as if it was the only thing she cared about. She was tall and skinny. It made me wonder if everyone in the hospital was like that.

"Are you Sophia Dawn?" she asked.

"Yes. What happened, why am I here?" I replied.

"First things first. I need to see what you remember." her voice showed absolutely no interest.

"Well... There was this science fair and my invention exploded... Darren locked us in the room. Wait, where are my friends? Are they alright?"

"Why, yes. They woke up two days ago."

"Two days?! How long have I been out?"

"A week." She said as if it was a given.
"A week?!"

"Yes. Are you deaf or something?" As she came closer I could finally see her name tag; Grace Green.

Grace was not living up to her name. She was not graceful at all.

Anyway, a couple days later we all checked out. Thing is, the side-effects showed themselves a week later and the reason why was inexplicable. Damn, I just had to be a nerd, didn't I?
-------------------------------~----------------------------

Liz's POV

Why me? I was the first to show the symptoms. Yes, I am not happy or grateful for being given superpowers. It is like a disease.

I had started going to school again after the accident and had cut down on skipping school to the least. None of us ever talked about the explosion, Darren was at juvie and we were better than before.

I had just woken up to go to school and, naturally, I splashed my face with water at the bathroom. When I looked up and saw my face it wasn't my face. My eyes had lost their natural color and had turned green. I stifled a scream and blinked. When I opened them again they were pink.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" I whispered. I couldn't manage anything more audible than a whisper. My voice, wasn't my voice. It was more girly.

I pinched myself. Unfortunately, I felt it. I blinked tightly again. My eyes turned back to normal, but my hair were blue. I stared at my reflection wide-eyed.

I tied my hair in a messy bun, put on a black Halloween wig and got dressed. I tried to keep calm. If I didn't go to school Mike, Sophie, Jake and Charlie would start asking questions and I would have to tell them the truth.

They would abandon me.

I would figure it out later, now I had to go to school.