Chapter 9

Jake's POV

Liz was right; I am an idiot. Sophie needed consolation, whether she liked it or not, and I snapped at her. What kind of friend does that? Me, obviously, and I regret it dearly.

It was too late when I realized my mistake. Sophie had already left and Liz had shot me the deadliest glare. I swear, if glares could kill, Liz would have killed me a hundred times already.

The guys just stared at me. I had really done it this time.

"I am so stupid..." I mutter, covering my face with my hands and resting my elbows on my knees.

"Oh, really?" Mike replies, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I am such an idiot..." I continue.

"Don't go drowning in your self pity, go apologize!" Charlie advises.

"Not now! She'll probably send him to hell!" Mike argues.

"Who? Sophia? Are you nuts? She can barely bring herself to mutter the word stupid ." Charlie argues back.

"Of course not Sophia! I am talking about Liz!" Mike tells Charlie.

"Uhm.. I think that Liz will do much worse than tell him to go to hell. She will probably take him there herself." Charlie replies.

I groan and lie down on the bed. What the hell is wrong with me? Liz will probably murder me in my sleep. As for Sophie, I don't know. Just the idea of her crying her eyes out, worse than before, because of me... I just wish Liz will be quick when killing me.

Apart from that, it is supposed to be our first day out tomorrow. It will be hard and, if I'm not able to concentrate, it will be dangerous too. As if running around -literally- in everyday clothes, fighting crime, isn't dangerous enough already! Okay, we have been practicing with our powers and have been taking kick-boxing classes (apart from Liz and Charlie, who couldnt't afford it, so we taught them), but it is even harder out there. Sophie might accidentally put her walls down and start screaming again, Mike might be distracted and unable to stop a bullet or a robber, I might run even further than I need or slower, Charlie might overdo it with his strength and Liz might accidentally turn into her real form (not that it would be much of a problem).

"I'm going home. See you tomorrow." I tell the others.

"Okay!" Charlie replies.

"Make sure to fix what you did!" Mike adds.

Boy, am I in trouble. I grab my suit (Liz took hers when she left and Sophie had gotten hers when she left my house) and leave the guys' suits there.

When I 'travel' alone, I practice my running. In a few seconds I was home.

I went inside, said "goodnight" to my grandpa and went to my room. Tomorrow was the day we were going out. It was really going to happen.

Our city's crime rate has slightly increased. More robberies and petty thefts and burglaries. That kind of stuff.

I changed into my pajamas and lied down to bed with my phone. I was going to text Sophie, even though it would be in vain (especially with Liz there), but it would be much better than calling her.

It wasn't late; it was still 9:30, so I doubted she would be asleep.

"I'm sorry." I text her. Surprisingly, she replied.

"I don't care."

What the hell?! Then I thought it could have been Liz.

"I didn't mean to snap at you. I am just nervous about tomorrow." I write back.

"Aren't we all? And if you didn't mean to, why did you?" She texts back.

"I told you, I am nervous."

"And I don't care. Goodnight, Jake."

Yep, definitely Liz. But guess what? I didn't care either. I would talk to Sophie the following day.

*

I woke up early. I don't know what time I actually fell sleep, because I couldn't fall asleep. The fact that I was up before my grandpa concerned me.

We were to meet at night at the rooftop of our town's hotel. Yes, I live in a small town with only one hotel. Sue me.

As I was ready to get off my bed, my phone rang. Someone must have been up pretty early. I checked to see who it was.

Liz.

I answered.
"Hey, sorry if I woke you up, and I know I was rude yesterday! Sophie told me not to tell you, but I need to. Last night when she was crying, her hands started glowing blue and things started flying around the room. She is telekinetic too! I just though you might have wanted to know. Don't tell the others yet!" She took a deep breath.

"So she has a second superpower? That's just unfair." I say sarcastically.

"No time for sarcasm! She is sleeping now, come by later and make her forgive you because you are dead. And don't you dare let her know that I told you!" She said said so fast that I barely understood what she was talking about.

"Okay..?"

"I gotta go! See you later!" She whispered and hung up.

So it wasn't Liz at the phone last night. Sophia is actually very mad at me. Oh, dammit, I made a huge mistake.

Sophie is mad almost all the time, especially at me, so it is natural. But when she starts holding grudges and ignoring you, you should really worry about it.

I don't get why she is so mad at me all the time. I guess she doesn't like me.

I got up and changed into my clothes, then went at the kitchen for breakfast. I guess I should prepare some brunch for my grandpa, he does cope with me everyday, anyway.

Things weren't "okay". Things were the opposite of "okay", but I guess it was because it wasn't the end yet. If you aren't happy, then you aren't done.

A/N: Short chapter, I know and I am so sorry!!! It's just I have been filling in some plot holes and changing some stuff, so I had to erase a whole paragraph here...

Please don't hate me!

-Choco <3