Chapter 24

Sophie's POV (yeah, again...)

It had been a month. I was still at the idiot's house and he had taken off the cast so he could (finally) do stuff on his own again.

I decided I was cooking for the day, so we ended up with a (kind of) burnt kitchen and pizza.

Gosh, I love pizza.

After we finished eating it, Jake went upstairs to take a nap in his room, but when I went to mine I was greeted with a pillow in my face.

"How long have you been waiting here to do this?" I ask Jake.

"A little... You should have seen your face, though." He replies and I glare at him. I pick up the pillow and smack it in his face. "A pillow fight it is, then!"

I hit him in the face again and he hits me on top of my head. We keep fighting like that, laughing until one of his hits are a little strong and I say "ouch".

"I'm sorry! Does it hurt?" He asks worriedly.

"No, you idiot! It's just a pillow!"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure." I tell him.

"I'm gonna get you some water." He says, but I stop him.

"It's just a pillow, I'm fine." I smile at him. He is seriously overreacting and it's kind of cute.

"Sorry..." He says again.

"I told you, it's nothi--" I say, but he interrupts me.

"How should I make it up for you?" He smirks. Dammit.

"Don't!" I say but it's too late. He tickles my sides again and I burst out laughing. I can barely breathe and as I try to get away, he falls on top of me. I turn red, and so does he.

But before I know, our lips are touching and we are kissing. When we break apart we smile at each other and get up.

When I least expect it, he picks me up and swings me over his shoulder.

"Hey! Put me down!" I giggle.

"Nope!"

"Why?" I laugh.

"Because I want to ask you something."

"What?"

"Will you go out with me?" Liz would die if she was here. Trust me, I know.

"Sure! Now put me down!" I blush and he let's me land on the floor. "And I need to ask you something too."

"What?"

"Will you go get some popcorn?" I smirk.

"Seriously?" He asks.

"Yeah! And quickly!" I reply.

"Fine." He gives up.

Not long after he leaves, there's a knock at the door. I open to see Charlie standing there.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask him, but he doesn't reply. I try to shut the door, but he puts his foot as a stand.

He shoves me back and grabs my neck, pushing me up a wall, the same way as I had. So this is payback.

I kick him in the stomach, but he doesn't move.

"Let... me... go..." I choke out. I raise a small table and bring it on his head.

I take a deep breath and run upstairs. I lock my room's door, even though I know it won't do me any good.

I know, I should have left the house, but he was blocking the door.

I open the window and look down. I could fly, but it would give away my identity. Just as I am thinking what to do, the door breaks and Charlie walks in.

"Leave me alone!" I send him flying across the corridor.

I return to the window. It isn't high, but I will surely break my leg if I jump. Well a broken leg is better than a broken neck.

Too late. As I am about to jump, Charlie grabs my foot and takes me away from the window.

I kick him in the stomach a couple times, but he is too tough for that. He takes me down the stairs by pulling me leg.

Then I kicked him in the face, which annoyed him, and he threw me across the living room.

I hit the wall, which cracked, with my back and land on the floor with my face. Charlie made a big mistake. He threw me away, so now it is my turn. My head is bleeding and, as I told you, my leg is already broken, but I try to stand up and throw him against the wall.

I am feeling bad for demolishing Jake's house.

But I am also pretty mad, so...

Charlie smashed against the wall and fell down, but I wouldn't let him catch his breath. I swang my hand, and sent him flying through the front door, which was opened.

And then I saw a shocked Jake a few feet further than Charlie with my popcorn.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Jake's POV

"Sophie! What the hell happened?" He asks.

"This idiot came here and attacked me! It was self-defence." I reply.

"Seriously? You destroyed the house! How will we repair all this?"

"To be fair, I only broke that table and some of Charlie's bones. He broke my bedroom door, that wall over there and my leg. I wouldn't say the house is destroyed..."

"Dammit, Sophie! What will we tell my grandpa?"

"Didn't think of that... Sorry! I think I can fix the table and the door though..."

"Anyway, are you alright?" He asks.

"Of course. Besides, from the moment he tossed me at that wall, he was doomed."

"You are crazy..."

"I know." I say cheerfully.

"It's because you saw the popcirn, right?"

"Yep." I smile.

"Go wash your face, there is blood on it. Then you are fixing the door and the table. After that we'll see."

"Did you not hear me? My leg is broken. I need to put it in a cast or something." Well, actually I was overreacting. I had merely twisted my ankle, but who cares? I just beat up Charlie, again. "Besides, a few minutes ago you were panicking over a light hit with a pillow." I deadpan.

"Well, I was the one that hurt you!"

"I am in no mood for an argument. We will discuss this later." I say and sit on the couch.

"What about him?" He points outside.

"Just call an ambulance. He is not in his 'suit'"

"Okay, but if I am calling an ambulance you are calling Liz." Jake says.

"But my phone is upstairs!" I whine.

"Why are you acting like a child?"

"It is called hyper mode." I reply, and I think he didn't want to hear any more of this.