Chapter 18

Liz's POV

It had been a month since our pancake party. The funeral was done- Jake had told his grandpa to help Sophie out with the funeral, but he did all the work himself.

Speaking of the funeral, Sophie wouldn't stop crying, her mom wasn't there and she didn't have any grandparents. Her parents had no siblings, only cousins and she never saw them. Her own cousins laughed at her whenever they met- she had told us all about it. It is that one rule, in big families the weak don't survive. The cousins thought Sophie was weak.

If only they knew.

They were all there, actually, but this time they didn't bother her. At least they were smart enough to realize that she wouldn't handle it.

We knew better. If they told her anything and she lost control, sending stuff flying around, well, that would be a disaster.

My ship wasn't sailing yet, but it was close. I was watching them. Yeah, I am a stalker, but only as far as my ship is concerned. In the funeral, for example, Sophie mostly cried on Jake. I made sure of it.

Back to today.

We had all received an anonymous letter, only the loser squad, saying "I know who you are..." and our code-names. We were meeting at Jake's to figure out who the hell that guy was and how the hell he knew our identities.

Mike and Sophie had made an app for us only, so that we could listen to what the cops say and get notified when something big was happening. Our patrol wasn't taking place at night only anymore, but in broad daylight too and we always made the front page.

It was nearly summer. And there were bugs. I hate bugs. It is one of the many things I despise, such as my dad, school, Darren, my dad, Darren, school and my dad.

Sophie lived on the same block as Jake, just around the corner, actually, so she was already there when I arrived. A couple minutes later Charlie and Mike came too.

We sat down at the couch and started talking seriously. Jake's grandpa wasn't at home, so we could talk freely.

"Guys, it doesn't want much thought. Not to insult any of you, but we have a traitor among us." Sophie started.

"What the hell, Sophie?! Who would of us would betray the others?" I ask her shocked.

"I don't know, but we haven't talked to anyone about our secret lives and this guy comes out of nowhere and knows our identities." She replies.

"I think she is right." Jake adds.

"Of course you would agree..." I mutter. "Guys, you know I want you two together more than anyone, but you are both talking nonsense." I tell them and they both turn red.

"What does that have to do with you shipping us?" she asks me again.

"Nothing. Just wanted to put it there." I reply.

"We know!" All four of them say at once.

"Okay, okay... Just saying..." I defend myself (poorly, I may add).

"We need to figure out who the traitor is." Jake says.

Juat as he finishes that, Sophie's phone starts ringing. She takes it from next to her and looks at who's calling. Then she freezes staring wide-eyed at the phone.

"It-- it's my mom, be right back..." She says and goes further.

"As I was saying, we need to figure out who the traitor is. Whoever it is, we won't hate you. Just tell us who you are." Jake says.

Glances fly around, as we all look at each other rapidly. Sophie interrupts us.

"Guys, my mom is back. I need to go talk to her." She says.

"Sure thing. Go on, we will call you later." Mike says and she nods.

As Sophie leaves, we start glancing around again.

"This isn't working. Whoever the traitor is, they won't reveal who they are. I have to go go work, see you guys later." Charlie says and leaves.

"Well... Too much for figuring this whole thing out." I say.

"I have to babysit my siblings today. Bye!" Mike says and stands up.

"Well if things are going this way, I am leaving too. I have to tidy up my room." I say and I leave too.

"We will talk about it later." Jake says as we shut the door.

I went straight at home to tidy my room, just as I said.

I do believe that there's a traitor brtween us, but all I know is that it's not me. I can't seem to be able to put anyone of us in the "traitor position".

After tidying everything up, I lied down at my bed and fell asleep.

No good came out of it, though.

I was all alone in infinite black and a voice spoke above me.

" Why, hello, Tonks."

"Who the hell are you?" I shout.

"I am nothing, yet. Soon, I will be the undoing of you and your friends."

"I don't know who you are, but I will call you Voldemort from now on." I tell him. It is a man, I can tell from his voice.

"Call me whatever you like. I don't care, as long as I get what I want."

"Which is?" I ask him again.

"Your powers, of course. Yours, your friends', all of them"

"So you're the saboteur?"

"Oh, no. I paid the saboteur, but I was there when that machine exploded."

"So the traitor, you've been paying them the whole time?"

"Money can do much, nowadays."

"And how do you plan to get our powers?"

"Do you think I'm an idiot? Why should I tell you?" He says. Sometimes I really wish I had Sophie's powers.

"So that's your power? Invading dreams?" I ask him.

"Not exactly. I can do more than that."

"So what's your power?"

"The same as your friend's, Illusion, Sophia Dawn, whatever. I am just more willing to learn it's limits."

"You showed me the day of the sabotage."

"Yes, I don't get your point."

"Why should I tell you?" I retort.

"You think you are smart? You are all doomed."

"Shut it Voldy. You never won, anyway."

And then I woke up. That was 190% real. The guy entered my mind and made me have a conversation with him because he felt like it. I would call the others, but I will tell them tomorrow. No reason to get them worried now.

A/N: Who do you think the traitor is? Hmm... Ria no spoilers!

-Choco <3