Chapter 15

Sophie's POV

I woke up to Liz pulling me off the couch to the ground. At least she grabbed my right arm, not my injured left. How considerate...

Last night I went back to sleep right after the small-talk with Jake at the kitchen. You probably think I am some whiny brat, but I am getting used to the drama. I just hope there is no more of it. And I told you; I am a sensitive person.

"What do you want?" I say grumpily and sleepily.

"Time for school sleepy-head! At least when we wake up this guy." I sit up and squint towards the direction she was pointing. I couldn't see without my glasses. "Jake?" I ask her.

"Yep. We are all ready. We've been trying to wake you guys up for more than twenty minutes." she replies. Dammit.

I lie down at the floor.

"Hey! Don't fall asleep again!" she shouts.

"Do you really think I would fall asleep on the floor? You really don't know me." I sit up again and she helps me stand up. She hands me my glasses and I yawn.

"You guys go, I will wake this idiot up and get ready..." I tell her and she nods.

"Don't you dare go to back sleep." she warns and takes the others to go.

After they leave I go and poke the idiot sleeping on the floor.

"Wake up!" nothing. He just sits there, drooling on the pillow.

I go to the kitchen, open the cupboard and get the the frying pan. Then I open the drawer and get the spoon for the soup.

I return to the living room and start beating the spoon at the pan.

He jumps up, clearly scared out of his mind.

"Good morning! Go get ready." I tell him and he glares at me.

"What was that for?" he asks.

"You weren't waking up and we have school. The others left already. Now go get ready." I order and he gets up. I walk upstairs to my room and open my wardrobe. It is hot, so I am going for a t-shirt, but not too hot so I will combine it with jeans and sneakers.

I ended up wearing a black t-shirt that read "NEED MORE SLEEP", which fit my day's description, black jeans, black floral shoes and a silver dream-catcher necklace. My injured arm was showing because of the short sleeve, but I didn't care. I looked in the mirror. My hair is a mess, again.

I went to the bathroom but, being my stupid self, I forgot to knock and came face to face with a shirtless Jake. Dammit. I turned red, shut my eyes, turned around and got out.

"Sorry!" I shouted after I shut the door. The idiot laughed. "Not funny!" I shout. He laughed more.

"You should have seen your face!" A few seconds later he opened the door and came out laughing. I was probably still red.

"Shut up..." I mutter and go inside.

After managing to tame my hair into a ponytail, I went downstairs.

"What's for breakfast?" Jake asks.

"We don't have time for breakfast, we will take something on the way to school." I reply.

"I have super-speed and you say that we don't have time?" he questions me and I grunt. "Come on." we go to the kitchen.

I opened the cupboard and took out the cereal, while Jake took out two bowls from the higher one. I am not short, but he is taller than me. Always with the competition...

I take the milk out of the fridge and he takes two spoons.

After we eat, we both go upstairs to brush our teeth and five minutes later we are ready for school.

"We have ten minutes to get there." I say looking at my watch. "I think we have enough time to walk." I tell him.

"What's the fun in this?" he asks.

"Please don't..." I tell him.

"Too late!" he replies and picks me up. I let a little scream escape and starts running. Dammit, I have a sensitive stomach...

In two minutes we are behind school, where he lets me down and I puke all over the place.

"And there goes your breakfast..." he comments holding my hair.

"I hate you..." I mutter.

After I am done puking (disgusting, right?), we walk around the block and go inside to find the others.

And the worst part? No coffee. Well, if I had actually drunk one, it would be sitting in the back of the school along with my breakfast, but anyway.

When we found the others, we also saw the person we least expected to. Darren Brown was nearby.

"Wasn't he in juvie?" Jake asks.

"Got out because of 'nice behavior', aka, his dad's money." Liz replies.

*

When I told Liz about what happened in the morning, she burst out laughing. Annoying.

"I feel like you are laughing at me." I mock her and she laughs harder. "I am going to get some coffee from the canteen."

And that's when trouble struck again.

As I was walking alone down the corridor, I bumped into Darren.

"If it isn't the nerd..." he says. I ignore him and try to walk away, but he grabs my right wrist.

"Let me go, now." I say calmly.

"What happened to your arm, loser? Did something else but study?" he asks.

I turned around, smiled sweetly and punched him right in the nose.

"Don't you dare talk to me again; do you understand, or is it too much for that little brain of yours?" I tell him, but he pushes me down and steps on my injured arm. I screamed and tried to blink back my tears, unsuccessfully. It wasn't just a scratch, as Grace at the hospital would say.

That's when Jake came "to the rescue". Dammit, why is he always the one to help me out? Not that I'm complaining...

I looked up and saw him pushing Darren against the wall.

"Don't you dare hurt her or any of my friends again, understand?"

"What will you do, loser? Beat me up?" Darren had the guts to reply. That was until Jake punched him in the guts.

"Yeah, that's what I will do." Jake replied after the punch. He backed away from Darren and came to help me up.

"Did you have to hit him?" I whispered.

"He was asking for it, come on, let's get out of here." he said swinging his arm around my shoulders.

But Darren wasn't done yet.

"Your boyfriend won't be always around, nerd, you hear me?" he shouts. I look at Jake and he nods.

I turn around and walk towards him.

"He is not my boyfriend, and it's really none of your business." I slap him across his, literally, bloody face and go back to Jake, only to hear a teacher behind me call.

"Brown, Dawn and Light, in the principal's office, now."

So much for being "rescued".