You're Just Like Me (3)

"Hello Victoria." Lucus said as I got into his car. I agreed to go his house only because he's going to tell me about that mark.

"Lucus." I nodded. That's all he's gonna get. Because I know what he wants and he thinks he's gonna get it. Power pull or not, I will not get naked for his boy. I won't give in just like a did with Derek.

"So, how are you."

"Curious."

He chuckled softly. "I know. And I promise I'll tell you everything."

"Okay," I crossed my arms. "Then tell me why we have to go to your house?"

"Because my parents are home." He said obviously. "Your parents are not."

"My parent." I corrected. I saw him glance at me in the corner of my eye but he didn't say anything. That I was grateful for. Because I really didn't fell like crying in from a stranger.

~*~*~*~

"Is this her?" His mom, Lacie asked. "Oh wow, she's beautiful. I see why she has you all worked up." She hugged me for a second and winked at Lucus, who was blushing and hiding his face from me, as best as he could.

"Well mom," Lucus quickly interrupted. "I'm going to take her to my room and we're gonna talk."

~*~*~*~

"Show me your mark." He sat on his bed and I stood leaning against the wall, not trusting him. I lifted up my shirt making sure only to reveal my mark. "When did it appear?"

"Today," I sighed. "Can you just tell me what it means?"

"It means you're a shadow."

I scoffed and looked at the ground were the shadow of my body was. I gasped, "look there I am!" I pointed got he ground.

"You're just like me." He said calm, not even a laugh out of my joke. "A supernatural creature."

I burst of laughter. "All this time I thought I was the crazy one."
Aren't you the one hearing voices in your head?

I frowned at that one. He was right.
I was hearing- voices in my head from him. He is sending them to me.

You're the one making me hear them!

See you're not understanding. I'm sending thoughts to you. Communicating telepathically. Can normal people do that?

He walked to me standing in front of me. "Supernatural." He whispered.

"So you're telling me this is some supernatural sign thing?" I asked gesturing to my mark- which Was covered by my shirt again.

"It means it's your time to be activated." He went back to sit on the bed.

"Activated?"

"Well it'll cause you to get all of your powers. If you're not activated you'll get the basics, you know since you're a fire shadow. You'll be able to control fire. But after a while you'll lose your powers and you're mark. You'll be human again."

"I assume you have a mark too." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah," he lifted up his shirt revealing his whole chest. It was the same as mine only on the upper right side of his chest, I tried not to think about how muscular he was.

I didn't know how to react. I mean some of it makes sense. But what makes more sense is for him to get me to believe this crazy ass story and then tell the whole school I'm a freak.

I don't care, it's just really not worth all of the in school suspension after I punch a bunch of people. I won't fall for his game.

"Listen here pretty boy, your little game won't work on me. I'm going home and you're gonna leave me alone."

"If you weren't interested you wouldn't even be here. And also your car isn't here, I drove you here remember?"

"Yeah, I need to get home."

"I'll drive you."

So he did and we didn't talk the whole way there. For the 20 minutes I was there, I'm even more confused. I will figure this out.