Promise (27)

"So," Lucus said as he laid on his bed. I was looking for clothes in my bag. I quickly went to my house- thank god that Jim wasn't there- and grabbed some clothes the other day. "You never did promise me."

"What didn't I promise you?"

"That you wouldn't run away. Do you plan on leaving me again?"

I was dumb, I should've known he was gonna say that the moment he brought up promises.

I sighed. "I'm not planning on going anywhere."

"Then promise me you won't leave." He sat up quickly.

"No I'm-"

"Because you are going to leave."

"If I hurt someone again, I'm leaving."

"That's stupid."

"No, what's stupid is that you can't seam to understand that I could kill everyone in this house. All because one person pissed me off. I'd rather be out of your life than see you dead. To see the perfect family you have to be dead."

"Then when you run, take me with you."

"No,"

"I'll follow you. Or find you, just like I did before."

"Yeah, the only reason you found me was because I sent someone to check on you. I won't make that mistake again."

"Because," he sounded hurt. I couldn't look at him, I wasn't going to. "Because you don't want to be with me."

"No, Lucus, that's not it at all." I sighed, squeezing my eyes shut. "It's just I don't want to hurt you."

"And I don't wanna lose you."

I pulled out my sweat pants and my t-shirt from my bag. "I need to change."

"No, not until you promise me."

"I'm not going to!" I yelled and the same time something caught on fire on his desk. He was quick to out it out.

He sighed, and laid on his bed. I couldn't tell if he was aggravated, annoyed, disappointed, upset. But I still felt bad.

He laid on his stomach and wasn't able to see me, so I quickly changed.

I slowly walked up to the bed and ran my hand across his back. "Hey," I whispered, sitting on the edge of the bed and rubbed his back. At one point I lifted up his shirt, feeling his bare skin under my hand. "I'm sorry."

"If you were sorry, you would promise me."

"You'd hate me if I broke it."

"I wouldn't hate you." It was difficult to hear because his face was kinda buried in a pillow.

I sighed and didn't say anything. I was trying coming up with a way of changing the subject. "Can you tell how your basically a virgin? I don't understand what that means."

He sighed and turned his back, and stared at me. He took my hand and placed it on his bare chest, his shirt was still pulled up and gave no effort to fix that. Didn't bother me none. "Only if you tell me about that other guy."

I shook my head. "I don't wanna talk about him."

"Then I don't wanna talk about my thing."

I scowled and he brought my hand up his lips, kissing it softly. "You're mean."

"I know, I'm such a bully." He smirked.

"You are."

He pulled me on top him, his hands resting my hips. I was sitting on his stomach, which I kinda regretted because it covered some of his amazing abs. "So tell me, about him."