Burning (14)

I went to school the next day. I didn't want to see Lucus, I'm felt so guilty. Id kissed his damn brother.

Every time I pass Logan in the hallway, we don't make any contact. Not even eye contact. What the hell is wrong with me.

Lucus met me at my locker.

"Hey,"

"Oh," I laughed nervously. "Hey."

"You didn't get my text did you?"

"Your text?" I acted dumb. Of course I got his text.

"Yeah, I asked if you were free this Friday. Cause I wanna make plans, with you, you know if you are free." He was rambling nervously.

"Are you asking me on a date?" I raised my brows, forgetting about- the kiss for a short moment.

He smiled. "If you want it to."

"I'll think about it." I closed my locker and walked past him.

                        ~*~*~*~*~

"Alright," my first period teacher said.  "There is gonna be a practice fire drill today. You know the protocol."

But that wasn't the problem. The problem was, that I wasn't expecting the fire drill to happen when it happened.

I jumped and at the same moment the window busted, sending glass everywhere. People screamed, then the fire started. The desks closest to the window lit on fire.

Students ran out screaming and crying. Lots of them had glass in side of them.

"Are you okay?" Lucus asked, his arms wrapping around me.

"Everyone out!" The ether yelled. We all ran out. People with cuts and scratches, and screaming. As we left the building the teacher called 911.

Everyone was surprised to see our class. Because most of us were cut, scramming and crying. But the one person, I didn't see was- Kassy.

"Oh my god." He said. "Kassy's still in there!"

"The fire station is on there way, they'll get her."

"After she dies." I took off I to the building. It was dark in the hallway where our class was.

"Kassy!" I called out to her. "Can you hear me!?! Are you okay?"

I stepped in to our class, all I could see were her shoes. They were by the trash can, right next to the broken window.

"Oh my god," I ran toward her, or what I could see of her. She was unconscious, but still breathing. Her face, and her red hair now black. She had shards of glass in her skin. "Alright I got you."

I picked her up, very easily. When I got to the door, Lucus appeared. "How is she?"

"Alive."

"Let me hold her, people might get suspicious, if you can carry her so easily." I handed her to him, and carful to avoid the fire we walked out together.

As we stepped out, teacher and student flipped out. I got glares but other gave me a smile.

The ambulance and fire trucks pulled in as we came out. They got Kassy, and left, while the fire fighters tried to put out the fire.