How A Family Should Be (26)

Logan ^^^

We laid on our sides, just staring at each other.

"Do you think I'm too clingy?" Lucus asked suddenly.

"Clingy?" Asked making sure I herd him right. "Recently yes, but I understand why."

"Lena says I'm too clingy."

I sighed. "This is our relationship, Lena isn't part of it."

He smiled. "Okay."

"Anyways," I sighed. "I need you to help me with controlling my powers. That's a big reason why I came back." I sat up.

"No," he grabbed my wrist. "Can we just cuddle for a little longer?"

"After I get my powers under control. I want to make sure no one is in danger around me."

He sat up. "Okay. But can you promise me something?"

"What?"

"That you won't run away again. And then Ill stop being so clingy. It's just if you do take off again, I wanna make sure I can get as much time with you as I can."

I looked at him for the longest time. He just stared at me with pleading eyes. I leaned over and kissed him, a nice good one. One that would hopefully get the topic out of his head.

I pulled away and stood up. "So where to, my trainer?"

"Well outside of course."

"Well, let me take Lena up on the offer of new clothes."

~*~*~*~*~

"Alright," Lucus said. We were in his back yard. He dropped the log in front of him. "What I want you to do is, concentrate on setting the log on fire."

"Wow," I rolled my eyes. "That tells me how do it. I'm an expert now."

"Everyone's powers are different. Which means they work differently for everyone else. You have to find your own technique and what worlds best for you."

"So, you want me to be mad?"

"No, when your mad," he shook his head. "Just try something other the anger."

"Like what?" I was getting aggravated. His mom said he was the best with control, but it just wasn't making any sense to me. His teaching skills are horrible.

"I don't know, just," he sighed. "What do you think of when you set things on fire?"

"I don't want to think about it. But my brain forces me too. But it's like I visualize the person in front of me being burned."

"So try that with the log."

I looked from him to the log several time. "What if I set you on fire instead?"

"I trust you." He's too confident in me.

Okay. So I did what he said. I made sure all my focus was on the log. Not Lucus. That would be bad, really, really bad.

I stared at the log and concentrated on it. Visualizing it setting on fire. But it did nothing. Literally, nothing.

So, he's making me stare at the log like and idiot. Thank god he doesn't have close-by neighbors. I mean what would they think?