Warmth(34)

Tori

"Oh no you don't." Lacie ran to the door stopping us from going past the welcome mat. "Logan grab some towels." Logan obeyed and he gave Lucus his. Lucus said since I was a fire shadow, I needed heat, water would basically put out my fire. Making everything seam colder that what it was.

I was shivering, and without a word, Logan wrapped the towel around me. He took his time doing it too, and just before he walked up to his room he brushed the back of his hand against me cheek. A quick movement, and it could've been an accident from anyone else's view. But they didn't see the way he looked at me. The sadness, anger, and jealousy.

After we were dry, I was still shivering. "Oh Tori, come here." Lucus pulled me into his arms. I snuggled up to him, but it didn't seam like I was warming up. 30 minutes went by and we're sitting on the couch cuddled up with 2 blankets.

"Lucus," Lance's deep voice filled the living room. "You're not gonna like this, but you aren't able to heat her up enough. Let," he sighed.

"You want me to let Logan put his arms around my girlfriend. Maybe I'll let him kiss her again too."

I pulled myself closer to Lucus because I agreed with him. It was awkward enough between us, this would make it so much worse.

"It's what's best for her. He's the only one who can get anywhere close to the heat she needs. Or would you rather her suffer?"

"I'm f-f-fin-ne." I said, which I regretted because it didn't help my case with my shattering teeth.

It was silent for the longest time, and when another pair of arms went around pulling me from Lucus I knew what was going on. I started to reach out to keep a hold of Lucus but the heat of Logan was more comforting than Lucus'. And suddenly it wasn't Lucus I wanted it was - as much as I hate to say it- Logan I wanted.

He pressed the back of his hand against my cheek warming my face. It was the best feeling ever at the moment. Well- it could've been hotter, but it was better than nothing.

He pushed my head down on his shoulder and with his free hand wrapped the blankets around me better.

I opened my eyes and was expecting to see Lucus on the other side of the couch. But he was nowhere to be found.

"How's that?" Logan asked. "I can get a little hotter, want me too." I nodded my head and sighed in pleasure as I felt his body heat rise.

30 minutes or so, I was warmed up to the point where I wasn't shivering.

"Lucus." I said starting get untangled from Logan and the blankets.

"Are you sure you're warmed up?"

I ignored Logan and gabbed the blankets and started toward the stairs. "Thanks, Logan." I said before went up the steps and to Lucus' room.

He was asleep, laying on his stomach only wearing grey sweatpants. I laid down next to him and planted a kiss on his forehead.

I felt bad because I woke him but happy because now he can fully warm me up.

He smiled. "Baby." He pulled me into his arms, blankets and all.

"You're not mad?"

He just kissed my forehead, and fell back asleep. I bet he will be when he wakes up. I feel bad about it, because I don't want anything to do with Logan like that. No matter what feelings I feel for him. I sure as hell don't want to.

It was just a friend helping out a friend. Who had kissed before and one had feelings for the other. That's all it is, that's all we are. Friends. And that's all were ever gonna be.

*~*~*~*

"So, why dont we go shopping? Remember when I said we'd go shopping?" I smiled at Lena.

"Yeah, you ran off. But we can give it another shot." She didn't sound very amused. Annoyed, aggravated almost. She hadn't been her happy cheerful self since I got back.

"Or we don't have to. It's up to you."

She sighed, and then her phone ran. "James!" She smiled and looked away. Her boyfriend.

I walked out the room and went downstairs. I was trying to avoid Logan. But of course, luck was not- and hasn't- been on my side.

"Hi Victoria." Lacie greeted me. "I did make breakfast but you were still asleep- as uaual." She joked. "But I made lunch if you're hungry."

"Well I better get to it before Derek does." I was nervous and everyone knew it. The Derek thing probably made it even more noticeable because, I haven't said his name since he got here.

"Well actually, he went and rented a hotel. I told him he could stay but he said that he didn't want to keep taking up room in the house. And no matter what I said he really had his mind set on leaving." I just nodded.

We ate silently. Well except for the news that I was happy to hear- kinda. "So, umm, Tori. Lance agreed to teach you to fight."

"I'm her supposed to do that." Logan said, almost slamming down his fork.

"Yes, but your dad thought it would be more convenient if he trained her."

"It's because that kiss, and then last night isnt. God damn." He pushed his plate away and stood up. I just looked at my food as he walked away.