Small World (29)

"So wait, you and Bree dated?" I asked Lucus, trying to understand what the hell was going on.

"Yes," I could see the restraint on his face, as he was holding something back.

She's the girl who left me. He sent the thought to me.

But you said she was vampire.

Yes, Bree is a vampire.

I didn't know how to react to this. My "so called bff" is some kind of mythical creature. Well, she did hint me before, when the two of us were talking about Lucus and how he was into supernatural.

"I'm sorry," I glared at Bree. "You never told me you were dating someone around that time."

"Well," she shrugged it off. "It was nothing. I got what I wanted, and let me tell you. It wasn't that pleasing."

Lucus stood up quick, fast, and angrily. "Get out. Get out now. You're not welcome and you sure as hell don't belong here. I don't want anything to do with you, and I think everyone else here feels the same."

"Well, Derek, let's go."

"Derek can stay." Lacie said, saying something for the first time since the 4 of us sat down and talked. "It is you who is not welcome here. Derek has done nothing wrong."

"Yet." I added.

"Tori you don't understand. I-"

"I don't even want to hear it." I interrupted him.

"Well he hasn't done anything to me, and he can stay. But if he betrays us, trust me, you don't be the only one pissed." The was the first curse word is ever herd come out of Lacie's mouth.

"Yes ma'am." She nodded, approving his politeness so far. This was gonna be bad, very bad.

Bree scoffed and took her time making her way to the door. "Don't forget, I can get whatever and whoever I want." Anger rushed through me as she winked at Lucus.

Why? Derek and now Lucus. Is she trying to ruin my love life.

I listened for a car to pull out the driveway and then I left the house. I couldn't be in there with him. I walked to the beach, which I was very close to their house. Since it was getting colder and it was late, no one was here. I took off my shoes and sat in the sand, close enough so that my toes were in the water.

I stared at the moon and the stars, thinking about how complicated my life was gonna get. How I now had to chose between Lucus and Derek. And I know the obvious answer would be to pick Lucus. Because he hasn't broken any promises and hurt me like Derek has. But there is still a big chance he could. If I give my heart to this guy and he hurts me...

"Tori," I quickly turned to the sound of my name, and was relived when it was Lucus. "I know I should just leave you alone and give you time to think. But I was worried, and I just needed to know where you were. I'll go now." He started turn away from me.

"No Lucus, stay." I patted the ground next to me when he turned to face me. His face brightened as a smile appeared on his face and he sat next to me.

"Is that him?" He asked serious now. I nodded, not wanting to say anything. "What a small world huh?" He looked away from me and up at the stars.

"Yeah, small it is."

"He wants you." He said still not looking at me. "The way he looks at you, I don't like it."

"Either do I."

We were silent for a while, when suddenly he looked at me for a long time.

"What?"