My Fault (23)

Lucus
"Lucus you can't stay here and mope the whole time."

"Shut up." I told my mom. "I can do whatever the hell I want."

She sighed. "It's not your fault she took off. She'll be back, the police will find her or something. Just give her time to heal."

"It is my fault. If I didn't go to confront her dad. If I just stayed her and comforted her. She would still be here. But no, I just had to be the hero."

"It was bound to happen Lucus. She was gonna hurt someone. It's better now, because if it was later she'd be stronger. She could've killed a whole building of people. This way when she does come back she'll be more careful. And with your help."

"She doesn't want me. She'll probably run to Logan." I roiled my eyes. "Now get out my room, before I do the same thing she does."

I watched the hurt form on my mother's face as she closed the door and left. It's the only way I get her to leave me alone. It's the same way Tori got me to leave her alone. She'll be back in a hour or so. To bother me some more.

She won't let me out the house. She won't let me go look for her. She won't let me take responsibility for my actions. I'm just waiting for my dad to come up here and beat my ass.

I haven't been nice to her for the past few days. My brother, after I pinned him down and punched him- several times- we haven't talked. Barely made eye contact.

How could he betray me. Before we got together or not. He knew I liked her. But he went after her anyways. And that girl he was talking about, it was her. He admitted to that. He wants her, and maybe she wants him. Maybe they are secretly meeting in the night, when everyone is asleep.

The perfect girl comes around and then stabs me in the back. It won't happen again.

I stood up and went downstairs. I won't let this one get away.

"Where are you going?" My mom asked. I ignored her and went straight for the door.

"Your mother asked you a question." My dad said. He doesn't get mad unless we disrespect my mom.

I walked out the door, slamming it behind me. As I walked by my Dad's car I imagined the pressure increasing in the tire and watched it pop. Same with Lena's and Logan's. Then got in mine and drove off.

Straight to her house. Jim was gone so I parked I the driveway. Probably out drinking. Then followed the way she went. But it wasn't far until I didn't know which way she went.

I stood staring at the stars thinking.

"Hello," a voice said as he approached me.

"Do you need something?"

"Yes, actually." He now stood in front of me. "A friend I recently met, asked me to check up on you."

"Victoria?" It was stupid to ask.

He nodded slightly. "She needs help. She doesn't think she does but trust me she's gonna lose it."

"Show me where she is." I said not wanting to hear anymore. I just wanted to see her, to let her that I won't give up on her that easy.