Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates.. (18)

"Where were you?" He asked concerned.

"Visiting Kassy." I smiled.

"You scared the crap out of me." Lucus pulled me into his arms. "I thought you were kidnapped again."

"Why didn't you do you're telepathic thing?"

"I don't know. I was just too worried about you to even think about it."

"Well, I'm here and I'm okay."

"Hey T," Lena greeted me as she left. She had plans to meet up with a boy. She was a senior and soon would be going off to college. I don't know why she would worry about a boy. I mean she'll have him for the rest of the year and then she'll leave. Even if he's a senior and applies to the same college, I doubt they'll both get in.

"Good luck of your date."

"Oh," Lacie said in a sad voice. "All of my children of growing up."

"Except Logan." Lucus let go of me and messed up his brothers hair. "He's a loner."

"No," Logan struggled to fix his hair. "The one I want is already taken." The eye contact was a short one. A flash of a millisecond. You'd have to have paid a lot of attention to catch it. I did.

"Maybe your turn will come." Lucus playfully punched him, unaware of who she is.

"Doubt it." And with that he went up to his room.

"So," Lacie said awkwardly. I wasn't the only one who saw Logan's look. "Tori, how is Kassy?"

"She's her wonderful joking self." I forced a smile remembering the talk we had.

She gave her attention to Lucus. "The police still don't know what caused the fire. We have to keep it that way, which means we need to teach her how to control her powers. Yeah, fighting will allow her to protect herself but without control, we could end up with something worse."

I liked that about Lacie . She knew when to be a friend and when to be a mom and take control. When to order orders and when to obey them.

"So you want me to help her?" He asked dumbly. I thought that was obvious, but I guess not.

"Yeah, your the best at control." She smiled. "Not in the house and not in public. Don't want the STC coming after us."

"Why would they came after us?" I stepped closer, curious.

"There's a reason why we aren't popular in legends and myths that are told to humans. If we bring attention to ourselves, they'll hunt us down and kill us."

"But they're our powers." I said defensively. "We have them and they shouldn't be able to tell us how and when to use them."

"Yes, I agree."

"But they have a point." Lance came out of nowhere. He stood bedside Lacie. "If we used our powers when and however we wanted, mortals would be scared of us. Yes we are powerful, but several countries with military, we can't handle that. We'd become extinct." He must've explained or thought this through a lot. "And newly activated shadows will have trouble controlling their powers, the world would end."

He had a point.

"Yeah, I guess."

Lucus wrapped his arm around my waist. "Well I'm taking my girlfriend," he dragged the word out. "Upstairs."

"No," I untangled myself from him. "Actually Lucus, I need to get home. I have school in the morning, and my dad wants me home for dinner. Now that he's sober, he thinks her needs to make up those 10 years."

And I feel guilty about kissing you because I also kissed your brother. And also the look he gave me tells me he took it to a whole new level.

Of course I wasn't gonna say that.

"Oh," I could see the disappointment on his face. I felt bad, and instantly regretted saying I had to go. "Okay."

"But," I grabbed his hand and held it in mine. "I could stay for a little while. I mean as long as I'm back before dinner."

He planted a quick kiss on my lips before pulling me up to his room. We laid in his bed, on our sides. He hand rested on my waist, while one of mine was tangled in his hair.

"Lucus?"

"Yes, my baby."

I smiled, "Why do you like me so much? I mean, why didn't you give up?"

"Because, you're different from other girls. I don't know, you seam like a lot to handle. And I'm tired of easy. I want something new, something challenging. Something to work for, work up to." He was serious. He stared in to my eyes, and I stared into his.

"I just want you." He whispered before he kissed me sweetly. Nothing more, nothing sexual. We weren't ready or that, it was too early. The farthest we got to anything sexual would be me and my roaming hands. They had slipped under his shirt, and were tracing his mark.

He pulled away.

"No," I said as I pulled him into me again. We made out for what seamed like hours. He kept pulling away but every time I pulled him back in. I was just addicted to his amazing kiss. Cause he was a good kisser.

He chuckled, and untangled my hand from his hair so I couldn't pull him to me anymore. "Addicted to me?"

"Hmm," I poked his nose. "Maybe just a little bit."

He caught my hand and kitted his fingers through mine. "I like you."

I laughed a little. "You better like me."

He chuckled. "You're so unexpecting."

"Unexpecting?"

"You never do what anyone expects. You're like a giant present. Or like that one movie, 'life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.'"

I laughed a loud one. "Forest Gump?"

"Yeah,"

I scooted my head closer to his. "I remind you of chocolate?"

"Chocolate is good. At least I think so."

I just smiled and shook my head at my weirdo of a boyfriend.