CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO
80 minutes later, the two students separated as Alex was headed towards her locker and two of her best friends. She felt lonely walking down the hallway - usually she had Tom to keep her company, but now she was all alone. It might seem stupid, but the girl had started to feel lonely even when she was surrounded by a lot of people. Even worse when she was completely on her own. The laughter coming from people around her seemed to echo harshly, and everyone seemed to be so happy - the girl herself felt almost claustrophobic, surrounded by her own aura of negativity.

She quickly reached her locker, all the evil thoughts being pushed to the back as she did. She could see two of her best friends standing there; Isaac, a blonde, curly-haired boy with bright blue eyes together with a short dark-skinned brunette named Rebecca. They were, together with Tom, her absolute best friends. The four of them hardly ever separated except for when they had different classes, but sometimes not even then. She smiled as she saw them, quickening up her pace and walking up to them.

"Sup frylock" Alex said, looking at the two of them eyeing her confused. "Did neither of you catch that reference?" Alex muttered, when she didn't get any response from the two of them. The two of them exchanged a look, before shrugging. The red-haired girl sighed, shrugging her shoulders. "Sucks being the only cultured person in the group." Alex turned around to her locker and put in her bag before turning around again.

"I'm feeling extra annoying today, so I think it would be best if we went over to the cafeteria quickly so we can stop my mouth from going on about shit you don't care about and spewing sarcastic comments, don't you think?" Isaac said, looking at the amused redhead.

"Honey, you wouldn't even know what sarcasm is. You don't have intelligence to understand the meaning of the word," Alex retorted, making Rebecca laugh.

"Fucking ouch," she spoke loudly, chuckling at the way Isaac's expression turned into a sour face. 

"Hold it there Rebecca, the only f-word I'm accepting right now is food, let's go," Isaac said, making Alex snort. Instead of fighting more with the boy, she decided to stand on her toes and ruffle his hair slightly.

Isaac never minded that she did that, not only because of the fact that his hair was naturally curly and would look the same whatever she did, but also because he had the biggest crush on Alex. He felt a blush rise to his cheeks as she ruffled his hair, but he quickly hid it with a chuckle and tilting his head forward so that he was facing the floor.

Alex decided to give the boy what he wanted, so she linked her arm into the others, and started the walk to the cafeteria. The thing Alex liked the most with her friends was that they literally could start a conversation about anything, and it was still the most interesting thing in the world.

As they reached the cafeteria they got lined up in the queue, patiently waiting for the food. It was in that moment that Alex could see a wild Emmett Cullen make his way over to her. He was smirking, looking angelic as he walked through the cafeteria dressed entirely in white, the color blending in with his fair complexion. Alex waved at the boy, as he placed himself next to her in the queue.

"Hey little spitfire," he chuckled, obviously referring to her red hair, making her roll her eyes with a grin on her lips. "Just wondering if you drove here on your own or something?"

"Nah, I walked."

"Great, then you'll be going in my car over to my place later. Meet me in the parking lot after class."

"Riding with you... I don't know, something just sounds... unsafe," she spoke, looking at him with narrowed eyes. He wiggled his eyebrows before he ruffled her hair and turned around laughing at her annoyed face.