CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE

CHAPTER SIXTY-ONE
The drive to Seattle was long, but mostly entertaining. Jasper would sing from time to time, sometimes jokingly and sometimes just with the voice of an angel, calming Alex down without even using the abbilities he'd been gifted with.

She'd fallen asleep at some point, her head leaned against Jasper's shoulder which was clad in a white dress-shirt with its sleeves rolled up slightly. It wasn't a very Jasper thing to roll up his sleeves, Alex had done it for him, saying it would make him look a bit more relaxed, which had made him chuckle.

When the car came to a halt Alex woke up hastily at the sudden silence, as Jasper turned off the engine and watched her remove her seatbelt in her groggy state. He got out of the car and hurried over to Alex's side, taking a hold of the handle and opening the door for her.

"I'm not a damsel in distress Jasper, I can open the door by myself," Alex said with a grin, getting out of the car and linking her arm with Jasper's. The boy smiled.

"Sh, Alex, this is one of the few things I'm good at. Please let me do my job as your personal door opener," Jasper said, making Alex lift an eyebrow at the statement as she smirked.

"Oh, is that so? That's weird, since I'm pretty sure I've never seen you encounter something you're bad at. Except for rapping of course, that was probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard," Alex spoke with a chuckle, referring to when she'd gotten Jasper to try and follow some of her favorite rap tracks, which caused him to fail miserably. Jasper looked down at her with a faked annoyed expression, before sighing.

"Whatever, I'm a star, you just can't see it," he spoke, before laughing and slinging his arms over her narrow shoulders and hugging her from the side. She leaned her head against his shoulder for a second, before she straightened up and they began walking through the dimly lit city. It was beginning to darken outside, but the horizon was still bright as the heaven above them started to turn a pink-ish purple.

"So, what are we doing now?" Alex asked, to which Jasper smiled.

"I booked a table at a restaurant here around, Bella recommended it personally. That isn't for another hour though, can you wait that long or do you want to get something before?" Jasper asked with a hint of concern in his voice, to which Alex smiled.

"No problem at all, an hour sounds perfect."

"Well then madam, then we have an hour to spend doing whatever you wish."

Alex looked up at him. "Isn't there anything you want to do then? I mean, I always decide what's happening, what we're doing, where we're going. Isn't it tiring?" Alex asked, one eyebrow quirked slightly as she was genuinely wondering about this. Jasper shrugged.

"What could I possibly want more than to see you happy? Nothing," Jasper said, looking down at her with a gaze that said 'this is obvious and you should know this by now.' Alex smiled, looking down at her shoes for a moment before smiling up at him again.

"Well then, I have somewhere in mind," Alex said with a small smile, thinking of the smell of old vinyl, the feeling of flipping through the piles of cases and looking over the many thousand titles which she only knew a fraction of.

"Lead the way darling," Jasper said, taking a hold of Alex's hand as they began moving together down the street, still in bliss from actually making it through (another) high school. 

The door to the small and crammed store made a loud noise when Alex pushed it open, making the cashier turn his head in their direction. She didn't recognize the man, so she just smiled politely and walked inside with Jasper following close behind.

Only a few people were in the store with them, they were mindlessly going through the different piles of LPs, some of them moving to the soft music coming from the speaker. Alex recognized it to be Summer Wine by Nancy Sinatra. Even Jasper seemed pleased with the music coming from the speaker, as he hummed along with the tunes filling the room.