Welcome Home

Early the next morning I woke up before Marcel as always and got dressed, however instead of waking him up I quietly made my way out of our home.

Before I could reach the door my main man Diego sneaks up behind me. "You know for someone who Rules New Orleans you are not that sneaky.." he whispered in my ear.

I giggled and pushed him away. "Oh and Good morning to you too Diego." I smiled which he returned.

Turning back around to walk away when he started walking with me. "So where are you going off to this early ?" he asked with curiosity.

I stopped walking and looked at him "I can always trust you Diego right? Like lets say for example if Marcel and I had a falling out.. Not saying thats going to happen but who would you side with?" I asked looking him up and down.

Diego laughed "Do you really need to ask that Cleo." he whispered in my ear." I smiled uncontrollably.

I looked and him and smirked "But just so I'm clear... It was me right?" I asked leaning on the wall.

Diego rolled his eyes "Of course it's you Cleo. You brought me to this place. Everytime you need something you come to me. You make me feel like the most important man in this army. When Marcel obviously favors Thierry." he said looking over to Thierry who was playing his trumpet.

I nodded in understanding. Marcel did favor Thierry...

"Well My main man Diego.." Wrapping a arm around him. "I need a little help. I was going to do this alone but you reminded me that I don't have to. Last night a witch by the name of Jane-Ann Deveraux practiced magic in the Quarter I wish to find her. However I need to ask her some questions before we hand her to Marcel." I said sternly walking out of our home so no other vampires can hear us.

Diego smiled and stopped walking "You don't know." he said looking at me nervously.

"What don't I know?" I Questioned stepping close to him.

"Thierry found her last night hiding on a boat in a container ready for shipment." Diego said looking down.

I turned around "Dammit!" I yelled and the wind started to pick up. I looked around with a worried expression.

Diego did the same but grabbed me by my shoulders and sped me into a empty alleyway.

"Cleo... Look at me.." he shouted after about four seconds I looked into his eyes only to sense that he was worried, and afraid. That calmed me down as I took a breath and pulled Diego into a hug.

I started to cry. "Diego I'm so sorry. I thought I had it under control." I said as I pulled away and looked down at my hands. "Please tell me you know where Thierry hid the witch until it was show time?" I asked looking into his eyes.

Diego smiled "Cleo no need to apologize. Of course I know. Marcel told him to take her to a loft just outside the city." he said "I'm not sure where though. I'm sorry." he said looking down.

I grabbed his arm "Oh Diego don't be sorry. I know just the place." I said as we took off racing each other to the loft.

I stopped walking when we were a few blocks away. "Diego I don't think its a good idea for you to come with me.. I don't want the guys to see you and start problems. Ill go forward on my own and meet you back at home before we go to Karaoke in a few hours." I said as he shook his head.

"You care to much Cleo." he said before he sped away.

I smiled as I sped the rest of the way to his loft. As I walked up to the door it was guarded by two of our guys. "Hey boys!" I clapped walking to the door.