Chapter 2

JACK'S POV:

I locked the stall again and tried to avoid the person standing there, hoping they wouldn't say anything. 

I've always been one to over react but... not like this. I've never cut or self harmed in anyway before before, heck I've never even thought about it! I went too far. It was stupid, somehow I felt like I couldn't stop myself. I'm tired, there's nothing good about my life. I've always been just a loser, never really had friends. But the beginning of high school is when it went further down hill. That's when the actual bullying started. But I am extremely upset for doing this. Even though it's one small cut, there are no words to discribe how disappointed in myself I am.

"Are you okay?" the person asked. I looked down realizing he was still standing there. I didn't say anything.

"Dude, are you alright?" he asked again quietly. "I'm fine," I said so softly that I could barely hear myself. "...Well, you don't exactly seem fine," he replied. "Why do you care?" I asked as I unlocked the stall again. "I-I....was just wondering." he said "Well maybe you should mind your own fucking business." I snapped back pushing my way out the stall, rushing to my locker.

I know exactly who that was, it was Alex Gaskarth. Which came quite a shock to me knowing he's one of the popular kids. He's never bullied me though. He wasn't really a douche like the rest of them, full of himself a bit...but not what I'd call a douche. Though he has been a by-stander when I was getting pushed down on the pavement or slammed into the lockers. Nobody has ever helped me or stopped it, besides a teacher one time when I got punched so hard my nose bled. So, I guess I understood.. But still, why did he care? He always struck me as the type to just ignore people, especially someone like me. I'm sure he knew it was me, well I bet he doesn't know my fucking name.. but he knows who I am. But hey, maybe I assumed wrong. 

I stood in front of my locker still wondering as I unlocked it. It took me a few tries, but once it opened I grabbed the sweatshirt out of my bag & pulled it over myself. I knew nobody would care or even notice the open cut, but just incase. I locked my locker and right as I did the bell rung. Everyone rushed out of the lunch room to go to class. So, I walked quickly to avoid all the people and crowded hallways. I had Science class this period. Which I guess was okay. I was good at it, but didn't exactly like it. But then again, I really didnt have a favorite class.

The teacher opened the door and I was the first one in. I sat at the back, like I did in most of my classes. I opened my binder and grabbed my pen from pocket as more and more people entered the room. I looked up noticing I had this class with that Alex guy. I never really paid attention to who was here, I kept my head down or on my work most of the time. He gave me a strange look, then took his seat in a couple rows back from the front. I guess I shouldn't have been such a dick to him in the bathroom, but I didn't know what to say to him. Let's just hope he forgets about it.

This class we were just studying for an upcoming test. I already knew most of this stuff and was getting bored. I looked up, taking a quick glance around the room, noticing Alex was looking at me again. We looked at each other for a slight second. I can't stand people looking at me, so I looked down breaking the eye contact.

This class feels so long. I looked up at the clock watching the time, getting more and more bored with ever second. I raised my hand. "Yes?" asked Mr.Davis, my science teacher. "Can I go to the bathroom?" I replied and he nodded. I got up and walked to the door then slowly made my way to the bathroom.

When I got there I went to a stall and sat down, pulling my iPod out of my pocket and put my headphones in my ears. I turned on music and stayed there for a while, figuring it was much more entertaining than class. Looking down, I saw someone standing by the sink, same shoes as the ones by my stall early. It was him. I took out one of my headphones. Someone knocked on my stall door. "What?" I asked. "Open the stall." they replied, well I knew exactly who it was. It was Alex. I opened the stall and he looked at me. "What are you doing?" He questioned. "Listening to music, why?" "Nothing just..." he said, looking down. "Just what?"

"Making sure you're okay..." He told me, quietly.