Chapter 3

JACK'S POV:

"Wait, what?" I asked. "I don't know... I knew something was up earlier... sorry." He said awkwardly. "Well that's sweet of you but you don't have to worry about me." I replied. "Look, Jack right?" I nodded my head. "Alright, well. You probably think I'm a fucking asshole, but I'm not. I'm actually wondering if you're okay.."

"Why do you care?" I asked, somewhat raising my voice from the quiet tone I was at before. "I don't know." he said.

The bell rung.

We walked out into the halls and I noticing all the posters about the Halloween dance. Greeeeeeeeat..My mom will make me go, like usual. She wants me to make friends... Thing is, she doesnt really know about my life at school.. She doesn't know that I get beat up.. She just assumes I never bring home friends because I'm too shy and awkward to make any, Which I guess was somewhat true. Alex looked around awkwardly until he spoke. "You going?"

"Uh, maybe," I said as all the students started to fill the halls. "What about you?" I asked. "Probably," he replied as he saw his friends. "I have to go," he said and walked towards them.

I heard one of his friend ask why he was talking to me. I didn't hear his reply to that, but maybe that was a good thing. Looking away from him, I walked to my locker remember I left my binder in Mr.Davis' class. I grabbed my bag then went to the class to get it. I closed my binder and picked it up, noticing Alex's still sitting on one of the desks as well. I grabbed it then left the class. Alex seemed to be on his way to the class as well. I walked up to him. "Here," I said handing him his binder. "Oh, thanks!" He replied, taking it from me. "No problem," I mumbled and walked away. "Wait, Jack?" He called out. "Yeah?" I replied, turning back around to face him as he walked towards me. "Got a phone?" he asked. "Yeah..." I said, pulling it out. He grabbed it out of my hand and started doing something. "What are you doing?" I asked. "I added my number, text me, ya know... if you want.."  I didn't exactly know what to say, I was surprised and confused. Why was he being so nice to me?

"Seriously, why are you being so nice to me?" I said exactly what I was thinking. "I don't know, as stupid as it sounds... I actually felt bad for you when you were crying-" he started to say when I interupted "I wasn't crying."  "Okay, anyways. I don't really get why everyone are all such a fucking ass to you," he finished what he was saying awkwardly, trying to force a smile. "Yeah, neither do I." 

The hallways were pretty much empty now. "Well, I gotta go." I said and walked away.