9• Sing Me A Song

We ordered our food and watched a couple of performances while we waited.

"When are you gonna go up?" Jacques asked.

"I dunno..." I said nervously. "I can't compare to these people! They're all so talented."

"Like you."

"No..." I shrugged.

He got up and went to the stage without saying anything back to me.

"How y'all doin' tonight?" He asked into the mic. The crowed responded with cheers and hoots.

"Alright! Well, I have a friend with an amazing voice, but she's nervous. Can y'all please welcome her with a chant? Sky-lar, sky-lar." The crowed chanted my name and looked at me.

He smiled at me and motioned me over. I laughed and walked up to the stage. The crowed clapped their hands and settled down.

"Hi!" I said awkwardly. The crowed said hi and some chuckled.

"Well, I'm gonna sing Sobriety by SZA." I put the microphone on the stand and the DJ played the beat.

   I sang my heart out and the crowd seemed to love it. Once I was finished with the song everyone clapped and made noise.
I smiled and laughed like an idiot embracing the love from the crowed. Jacques came up on stage and hugged me.

"You did an awesome job!" He said in my ear.

The crowed cheered until we got back to our seats. Our food was ready once we sat down and I felt exhilarated. The waiter subtracted the extra sixty dollars from our bill because of my "remarkable" performance.

"Guess you're famous 'round here for that!" Jacques said while taking his fork to eat the lasagne he ordered.

"I guess so!" I took a breadstick and took a slice out of my mini pizza.

He laughed. "Out all of the fancy things on the menu, you order a pizza!"

"I'll have you know that I'm a certified minimalist." I bit into my pizza sassily.

"OOO! I dig it, Sky!"

After eating and receiving the bill, a mixed woman came up to us in a nice dress and two packets of paper.

"Hello!" I smiled at her. "Can you help you?"

"Yes, I just wanted to know if you guys would like to sign with us!"

"Us? Who's us?" Jacques asked.

"Solar Eclipse Records!" She handed us the packets she had in her hand.

"Solar Eclipse? Fuck is that?" I asked while scanning over the sheet.

"A label created by Kid Cudi. It's pretty new so..." He voice trailed off.

Jacques' eyes got big. "Scott Mescudi!? You guys don't even know us! We're just average teens!"

"Not with talent like you guys. We know who you are Jacques Webster." She said. "By the way Skylar, I'm loving your outfit."

I thanked her and she went back to rambling about some label.

"Why don't you two come to the Ritz Carlton downtown and we can talk more. Kid Cudi himself will be there to explain. Oh, and make sure you don't eat breakfast!!"

   Before we could ask why, she left with the smile she had from the beginning. Jacques and I just stared at each other with confused looks plastered on our faces.