23• Foot On The Gas

Jacques left when it turned 11:30. I already changed and I'm waiting for Jesse to text me so we can go to the movies. I thought about Jack and now that I really think about it, I don't love him like I used to.
   I feel like if we got into a relationship it would be a fucking train wreck. We're arguing as friends what makes you think we won't argue as a couple. Even though we're playing sometimes it does get to me a little and I think about it. I know he does to, maybe more than I do.
   My thoughts got interrupted by a text popping up on my phone and the bamboo notification sound.

Jesse 👀🍆 : You trust me with your address?
Me: Maybe.
Jesse 👀🍆 : I'm at the dry cleaners. Not really comfortable with you walking over here.
Me: I'll be fine.
Jesse 👀🍆 : Please? You can trust me, I wouldn't want to hurt you or give out your address.
Me: Fine. 3500 Nightcrawler Lane.
Jesse 👀🍆 : Smh, and you want me to let you walk around a place called nightcrawler Lane? Omw, Kylar.
Me: Ok, J 😏
Jesse 👀🍆 : 😛😏💦

   I snickered and put my phone back in my pocket. I should probably change his contact to just Jesse. What if he sees the eggplant and eyeballs emoji? He'll probably be creeped out.
About five minutes later I heard a knock on my door and saw Jesse looking sooooooo damn fine!!!! His fit was killing me and his glasses. OOO lord! God he can dress.

 OOO lord! God he can dress

"You look beautiful." He said as he looked down on me. "I'm digging the alien on your shirt."

"Thank you. You know how to dress, handsome." I said as I looked up at him.

" 'Preciate it Mami. Them kicks though. Show ya mans!" He looks down at my feet. "Damn they clean and look nice."

I smirked.

"Don't do it!!"

I stuck my foot out.

"Ooooo!!!! She did it! Bless ha!"

I laughed and hit his shoulder.

"Thanks!" I hugged him. He smells so good. He smells sweet, not that bullshit axe spray but a really light nice sweet smell. Almost like a feminine body mist but smelled manly on him. "Sounds weird but fucking hell you smell sexy!"

He busted out laughing. "I smell you too. Donut ass scents on you."

I laughed along with him. "Donuts? I ain't mad!"

"Shouldn't be. Both smell good as hell."

"Damn it!! Ugh...I don't wanna waste time but I gotta get a jacket. I know it's gonna be cold as hell in the theater." I turned away from him in the doorway but he stopped me.

"I have one in the car for you." He said as he grabbed my hand and went to the car after I locked my door.

   In the elevator I felt him starring at me but I pretended to do something on my phone. I started sweating as he wrapped his arm around my waist.
   I'd be lying like a dog if I told you he touched my ass but damn it he was so close!!! Only my lower back. We made it to the car and no one was in there waiting for us.

"Where is everyone?" I asked as he opened the door for me and I sat in the passenger seat.

"Everyone wanted to be difficult and drive their own cars."

"We could have did the same. You didn't have to pick me up."

"Nah. Don't want you to waste your gas." He fastened his seatbelt and we got on the road.

"Oh, ok."

We sat in there silently as "Oakland" by Childish Gambino played. I hummed the song and Jesse smiled. Our hums eventually turned into us singing at the top of our lungs.
Jesse's right hand landed on my left thigh. I turned to him but he kept his eyes on the road. I didn't say anything and continued to hum the rest of the song. I touched his hand while it rested on my thigh. He looked at me and bit his lip.