12• Here I Stand The Warrior Man

* Flashback to the 10th Grade *

   It's the second day of a new school year and I'm in science class. I don't know many of these people. I've seen them in past years but we never knew each other.

"Skylar!" The teacher called out from her desk.

"Ma'am?" I walked over to her.

"Come, come!" She smiled and motioned me behind her desk.

She whispered to me. "I know everyone is sitting with their friends or whatever but you don't mind sitting with Mr. Webster?"

"Webster? Who's that?"

"Shhh! He wasn't here yesterday, but that's him right there." She pointed to a guy sitting by himself writing in a notebook.

"Oh..." He looked familiar.

"Yup! I think you guys would look cute!" She squealed.

I chuckled. "I don't know Mrs. Jones."

   So far, Mrs. Jones is a cool teacher. She's a pretty Caucasian woman standing at about five foot six, four inches taller than me.
   Yesterday she asked if I was hungry and gave me some sweet ass cinnamon roll about the size of my head that screamed diabetes. I was full for three blocks. If you give me food, you're automatically my friend.

A/n: Facts 😌😎

But yeah! She's awesome.

"Go on, child. You can do it!"

I sighed, got my bookbag and stuff and sat next to "Mr. Webster". He looked up at me and his mouth hung open.

"Woah...hey!"

"Woah? Wasn't expecting that!" I chuckled nervously.

"Damn...you look very familiar but at the same time...you look like a stranger."

"Really?"

"Real. What's your name?" He closed his notebook and I saw Mrs. Jones smile from her desk.

"Skylar. You?"

"Jacques! I know you! From middle school! Damn you done..." He looked at me up and down. "You look good!"

"Thanks! I remember you."

"Word?! I know it's still morning but do you wanna go to the Popeyes across the street."

"Yeah! Sure, I knew I had to bring money for something." I laughed. "I hope you don't mind me asking but, what's with the notebook? A diary?"

"Hell to the no. I ain't no bitch-"

"Aye!" Mrs. Jones said.

"Sorry. No it's not a diary. Just a book with my raps."

"You rap? That's awesome, I sing and write songs."

"Talented! Speaking of music, who's your favorite artist or band?"

"My all time favorite right now is Kid Cudi. I be that man on the moon!"

"Word!?!?? Cudi is amazing!"

"Right!? My favorite album is The Legend Of Mr. Rager."

"I like End Of Day. Much better than that one."

"What? You a lie. Mr. Rager is his best album!"

"No it's not! Nigga was wildin' on his first album. Was fire."

"Not as fire as Mr. Rager! I rest my case niglet!"

He busted out laughing. "Yo! You funny! Not even gon' argue with you. You rested your case lil mama."

"Yup!" We both were smiling like idiots and talked the whole block.

* End Of Flashback *