64• Insubstantial

"I can still produce for you but we won't be as close as we are now." He took his glasses off and cleaned them.

"No." I laughed. "I'm not letting that happen. Leah ain't shit!"

"Skylar. Please just listen for once."

I shook my head. "And you're just letting this happen?"

"I can't go against everything Sky. We can still talk."

"I'll go to cinematic with you." Jamal said. "There's a contract waiting on us."

"You'll have a better chance of getting played on the radio and all that mainstream shit." Jesse frowned.

"I don't wanna get played on the radio, if anything, fuck the radio. I hate the shit they play anyway."

"You'll get more fans too."

"No! That's cheating! I want to work for that shit."

"You're not making any sense." Jamal gave me another bottle of water. "You are working for it but you'll just have a better chance of getting features, played on the radio and more fans than on this label."

"Ion care 'bout none of that shit. I just want to make music and do my thing on this label. This is family. I only know the Pro's in New York. Speaking of New York, I have to move there if I'm going to CMG."

Jesse shrugged. "I wish I could help you."

"Fuck this. Where's Jacques?"

"He outside why-" I cut Jamal off.

"I want to talk to him." I said.

He sat me back down. "BITCH NO! YOU DUMB AS FUCK! Sit cho ass down!!!!!"

The door opened and it was Leah. "The police got him."

"Who asked you?" I mumbled.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Jack wants to talk to you at the Police Station. Princess."

I opened my mouth to say something but Jamal covered it. "Yeah we gon go right now. Go on and do ya thang Leah...wit cho fine ass."

"Shut the fuck up Jamal!" Jesse made a stank face.

Leah smiled and we left.

"I was trying to prove a point!" Jacques growled while we sat in the interrogation room talking. His hand was cuffed to the table and a police officer stood outside.

"With a gun!? How did you think that was gonna play out Jacques!?" I whisper shouted.

"I should be the one being mad and shit! You're the one that cheated."

"And you didn't?! Jack I wanna go back."

"Back where? Fuck you talking about?" He said.

"January. Life was so good before we went to that open mic. I regret it, I do and I would do anything to go back to that! We both fucked up and I want to fix this. Just talk to me. Please?"

He sighed. "You're right. We need to start over."

"Thank you. Before I decide if I'm pressing charges or not we will have an adult conversation right now." I saw Jamal outside dancing with a bag of chips in his hand and singing hotline bling.

"Skylar, I know I've apologized for so many things but I mean it now. I didn't realize that my actions came along with consequences. In order for us to straighten up we need to take baby steps and stop being irrational. I want that friendship back in January and hopefully we'll make it to a serious relationship. Degrading you when I was with Crystal was very wrong. Skin color doesn't matter and we're growing everyday."

I nodded my head. "Can I trust you? Can you trust me?"

"Yeah. Yeah. I just don't wanna be here. My momma raised me better than this. I'm not tryna end up like my uncle."

"You're not. We're gonna make this right ok?" I smiled.

He wiped a tear away. "Aite."

I gave him a quick hug and kiss on the cheek before the cop saw and I left.

A/n: One more chapter my dudes. Jamal is my favorite character tbh, he will definitely be in another story wit his fine ass.
Im currently working on capital Steez, Raury and Bryson tiller fan fics. Right after this story the Capital Steez or Raury book should be out. Bryson Tiller is kinda hard bc there's not a lot of info on him like Travis Scott or Joey Badass (at least the information I need). You guys can comment whichever one you want tho :p