Chapter 1: The Nobody

"Katniss! Put this on! Come here!" My daddy yells

I shoot up, crying like usual dreaming of my family's death, it's been nine years since they've been gone and I now live with my Aunty and uncle and cousins Clove and Leevy technically taken in by them when I was just six years old, back then I didn't really know what was going on but as I got older and older I started to realise that my family was gone, all of them and their not coming back.

I sit in my bath, my knees up to my chest, thinking about how this is my last year in high school, I'm not going to college that's for sure, most people ask me why and I just answer with the same thing 'I have my reasons' and they ask why not take an online course? And I answer them with the same thing again 'I have my reasons' and they just think that I'm being lazy and just don't want to go to college but that's wrong, that's far from right. I really do have my reasons, I just don't want to talk about it.

~
~
~

I shut my locker after grabbing my books I needed, people mysteriously looking at me as always, no one knowing what happened to my family, nothing, and I'm glad they don't. I don't want anyone knowing either, it's better this way as no bullies know what to bully me about, cause to be honest I'm not overweight and I'm not bad looking which I got from my beautiful mother so they really don't have anything on me and to bully me about.

As I walk down the school hallway I meet the eyes of the schools football captain leaning on his locker, his pretty blue eyes staring into my grey ones, his mouth twitches up to a smile, his eyes filled with curiousness, I turn away from his stare and keep walking down the hallway everybody ignoring me. I don't fit in here, I'm only going here because my cousins do and my aunt and uncle are extremely rich and so they said and I quote "we want to give you all you can" my uncle may be my mothers older brother but I don't like rich and snobby schools, I want my parents to be here, to hold me and tell me it's okay, I want my jumpy little sister to tell me about how her day was at school, I want my real family back.

~
~
~

"Do you know who that is?" I hear someone say

"Uh no" I hear Cloves voice, see, I'm alone, I'm a nobody, a parent less well more like family less. Their all dead. Clove and Leevy haven't talked to me since my parents and sister died. They most likely blame me for their death. They both extremely loved my little sister Primrose. Primmy. Little duck. My best friend. She's never coming back. And I'm lonely that she's not, without her I'm a nobody.

"And now class. You will write an essay, poem, anything and it needs to be about your family" my English teacher announces... Well I guess I'm not doing an of that...

"But Ms what will Katniss write?" A girl says and the class all except for the boy with blue eyes, he just frowns at his friends who laugh

"Well she's no different. She's got a family to write about" Ms Love says and I sigh not wanting to do this but will have to if I don't want to get a detention.

~
~
~

"Hey Katniss" the blue eyed boy says and I look around, is he talking to me?

"Hi" I reply

"You don't have to listen to anyone here. Their just curious. Like me" he says

"There's nothing to be curious about. Everyone knows what happened to my family"

"They just want to know how it happened" he leans against the locker next to mine

"It's honestly none of their business" I snap, my family is a hard topic for me

"I know. I find it intriguing and I just want to know about why you're always wearing those crowns. No matter what season or weather" he admits and I shrug as the bell goes and I walk away from him and going to my next class.

So here's the story. I'm listening to the song for this story and it's so upsetting. But you guys won't know till the end of this book... I think.