The Serpent V.S. The Lion

>SCARLET'S POV<

TIME SKIP• (Jan. 05)

"Scarlet! You got to eat breakfast!" Lyanna exclaimed, tiredly shaking me. "I don't feel like it..." I replied weakly, pushing the plate of tempting bacon in front of me. I was used to the nervousness, after all, that 150 points counts on you and your house.

"Ginny help me with Scarlet -"

"She's gonna be alright, Lyanna. We all feel like this. Just let the girl be, or else she'll feel worse. "

"Thank you, Ginny." I said, refering to how Lyanna was acting. "Fine. But good luck!" Lyanna shouted, as I excused myself to breakfast and went ahead to the Quidditch Field. But before I exit the castle, someone pulled me into a corner, making me bump into them. "Severus?" I muttered, I was so close to him...

"I just wanted to say, good luck. Even if you are against Slytherin." He told me sweetly, and planted a kiss on my cheek, making me giggle. "We haven't done a single date yet, and you're already..." I joked, he arched an eyebrow at me with a smirk. Dayummmm that 'did' look hot...

"I better be early." I said, waving goodbye and ran to the field, with my uniform catching the wind. "I'll see you in the Quidditch Field!" Severus called out and went in the castle. Since the field was a few meters away, I picked up some speed, then hopped on my Nimbus 2000. Just in case if you forgot, I am the Seeker of the house of Godric Gryffindor!

I flew to the field, and landed inside. Ginny came after a few minutes, and practiced with me. I had my own Snitch so I played with it. When it was 20 minutes till game, we all went to the locker rooms and got ready. (Are there actually locker rooms in HP? I dunno... --Author) But before I mounted my broom to leave, Ginny quickly casted a charm on my hair to avoid getting messy while we play. "Sometimes... You still need to look good, even while you play."

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~

>THIRD PERSON<
"Let's do this, Gryffindors!" the Quidditch Captain announced, as they opened the doors. When it was time, the Gryffindor Quidditch Team lept to the air and joined Slytherin. Shooting bad looks, as so did the Slytherins, making Madame Hooch rolled her eyes. Slytherin and Gryffindor has always been rivals... even in the field. Hooch opened the chest and let out the tiny Golden Snitch that flew around Scarlet, but she was hardly paying attention. She was staring hardly at the subsitute Seeker of Slytherin, Archer Yallowsworth.

As Madame Hooch blew her whistle. The 12 players flew into any direction possible. Scarlet planned of flying to the top, trying to find the gold, as Yallowsworth was watching the Slytherin's rings. "Go Scarlet!" Lyanna and Hermione shouted. The entire Gryffindor batch kept on singing 'Weasley is Our King', but changed the lyrics and the 'King' to 'Queen'. 2 minutes passed, Scarlet tilted her head, to see a glimpse of gold nearby the Hufflepuff bleachers. Slowly trying to not to attract Yallowsworth's attention, she glided to it. It was the Snitch!

As the little Snitch kept on flying avoiding to be caught, both Seekers were now in for the chase. But as it went for the dive, it was near to the ground. "She's not gonna make it!" Lyanna kept on repeating, closing her eyes. "Shut up, Lyanna! Silencio!" Xander casted on her, making Lyanna angry and storming to find Hermione. Hagrid was with them too, watching everyone with his binoculars. "Scarle's abou' ter make a 20-feet dive!" Hagrid exclaimed, zooming closer. Meanwhile the Gryffindor team was still going smooth. All of them got angry as the Slytherin Beater used his bat to ALMOST hit Gryffindor's Keeper, where it was inches to his face.

"Come back here you big buffoon -!"
"Calm down, Ginny!"

_____________________________
Severus was in the teacher's stands, focusing, not on his students, but on Scarlet. He thought he saw Yallowsworth with a devious smirk on his face, and sped towards Scarlet, not the Snitch.

He's gonna hurt her...

Scarlet realized she was being chased, and sped as fast as her Nimbus can take her.

"ARCHER YALLOWSWORTH! STOP CHASING CARTER AND FOCUS ON THE GAME YOU LITTLE -"

"JORDAN!!!"

"Sorry, professor... And Weasley made the ring!"

Scarlet sighed in relief, as Yallowsworth stopped chasing her. The Snitch was almost to her hand... if only her arm were longer...

But Scarlet avoided a speeding Bludger flying past her. The only problem was, that Yallowsworth was behind her, shocked and couldn't move.

"I'm going to get killed by this." Scarlet muttered. Without thinking twice, she flew in front of the Slytherin Seeker. Grabbing a Beater's bat, she swung the Bludger across the entire field, she turned to Yallowsworth and whispered: "I just saved you from a month in the Hospital Wing. Be glad you're still alive, kiddo." Luckily the force of the Quaffle on the bat wasn't too hard to let her fall. She returned the bat back and continued the game, leaving some of the audience, jaw-dropped.

The Snitch shortly dove, making Scarlet too. But it was descending, making her broom drag along the floor.

She crashed to the ground, and her arm snapped. The crowd gasped, when suddenly someone shouted: "Where's the Snitch?!"

Scarlet opened her hand that was formed into a ball, and saw the Snitch fluttering in her hand. The entire school, except Slytherin of course, rose up and cheered. Scarlet smiled to herself, as her right arm was stinging with pain. Ginny flew down and helped her up. "Come, Madame Pomfrey needs to cure this. Congratulations by the way!" she told her, when Yallowsworth tapped her on the shoulder. "Hey, Carter. Thanks for what you did back there. Congratulations to you guys." he whispered, and returned to his team, who continuously swatted him in the head.

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

As Scarlet got out of the Hospital Wing, with her arm fixed, Severus invited her to his chambers. "Quite the show you put back there." He said, walking around her, as she stood there. "Oh please, that wasn't awesome. Besides, I need to study for OWL'S, meaning I can't practice for awhile." Scarlet replied. "Are you okay that we defeated Slytherin?" she added, Severus stood in front of her and put a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "As long as you're in the team, I'm alright. But the only problem is, I can't look at Minerva's face if you defeat them in the Cup." He told her, forming a smile. "You're smiling again! It's quite cute!"

"Cute?!" Severus exclaimed, giving her a look of disbelief.

"Handsome, charming, flattering." Scarlet corrected, smiling.

"I think half of those words were false." he told her, lost in her eyes.

"I must not tell lies." she squeaked, trying to make an impression of Umbridge.

"Scarlet, can I ask you a favor?" Severus asked shyly.

"And what will that be?" She said, crossing her arms.

"Would you mind me... taking you on that date I told you about?"

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•
QOTD: What will be your Quidditch position if you were in the team?

•BYE•