His Birthday •PART 2•

>THIRD PERSON<
Severus' celebration was a success. This was what the students were whispering and planning about in class. Also why for the Dungeon Bat, if you may ask?

Well, he wasn't the Dungeon Bat students think about anymore. After realizing he had worked so hard to protect them, maybe he wasn't the bad guy after all this time. And a thank you gift from Draco, who was thankful for his god father's actions that not even Lucuis can handle. "How'd you even set this up?" Scarlet asked Harry, who was avoiding the crowd. "Oh, when 'Mione told me that Snape was still alive. And... Since we were pretty thankful about.. You know. We thought of throwing him a party. After all, he loved mum for all those years trying to stand back up on his feet. Speaking of love, I heard from Ginny that... You're a couple?"

Scarlet froze, and rolled her eyes. Harry let out a loose laugh. "I don't even know if we are."

Almost the entire school and staff were there in the party. The pub was rented, by Lucius Malfoy himself, and had the celebration to Hogwarts themselves. In the very back, Lucius and Severus were having a conversation... about noneother than Scarlet, of course.

"So, my son told me you were getting close with that Carter girl, am I correct? She's very beautiful." Malfoy said, glancing towards Scarlet, who was dancing. "She's very beautiful, indeed. But about my personal life, Lucius, is none of your buisness." Severus replied, forming a slight curl in his lip. "I wish the best of luck to both of you. Me and 'Cissa... She gets quite tempered, but I still struggle to live for her and Draco."

Severus rolled his eyes, when McGonagall wished to talk to him. "Minerva," Severus said arching an eyebrow. "Happy Birthday, Severus. I see a lot of people appreciate you now than before." replied McGonagall, smiling. They talked for a while, when it was already near dawn. "Alright, students! Time to go back, supper is provided already!" Professor Flitwick annouched. All of the students groaned and head back to the castle.

"Well, I see you've made them unhappy." Severus said, leaning towards Flitwicks shoulder. "I didn't mean to!" Flitwick squeaked, and exit the pub too. Harry and Ron approached Severus, later, with smiles on their faces. "Sir, we just want to thank you." Harry said, elbowing Ron to talk. "There is no need to call me sir, Potter. I'm not your professor anymore to remind you." said Severus, remembering that class he had with the boy.

Ron sniggered, but stopped as Hermione gave him a annoyed glare. "Um, sorry. We really misjudged you since our first year. You weren't that bad after all. I guess heroes can come out of unlikely places."

"Don't worry, Weasley, I've forgiven you a long time before. Just, make sure to have a liscense before you drive a Ford Anglia, or you'll end up like how it did before." Severus said, making all of them laugh except for Ronald who was now blushing dark red from embarresment. They were about to leave, when Harry couldn't resist of saying something to the professor.

"Sir- wait!" Harry exclaimed, Severus and Scarlet turned around. "I'm... Sorry. I've caused you a lot of trouble. I just wanted to say that... my dad was a jerk. He never deserved mum, you did. If it weren't for his arrogant attitude, a life would've been spent happily."

"What are you saying?"

"That, maybe, my dad was not meant for mum. She was meant for you."

Severus chuckled and looked at Scarlet, who was patting her owl in the corner, not listening to their talk.

"Potter, if your mum forgave me, then who would have stopped the Dark Lord? You wouldn't exist at all, and possibly no one will be free again. I'm happy that Potter married your mother, because it made her happy. And I'm thankful, because now I ended up with Carter. I know she is a wonderful witch, and lets just pray she won't be hunted down or taken by another man. Harry, I never meant what I said about you being arrogant or anything about your father. Your attitude was more like Lily's, and it was better than a miracle."

Harry couldn't help but hug his old professor. Ron and Hermione looked at each other with a smile, and hugged the man too. "Potter, live your life how it was meant to be." Severus whispered into Harry's ear and pulled away.

Scarlet, Severus and Hermione went back to Hogwarts, as Harry and Ron apparated back to the Burrow. But the day wasn't the end yet.

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

Dinner somehow was more delicous than it was before, that it made Xander shove a pile of bacon into his robes for the future. "Gather around everyone!" McGonagall announced, making the whole Hall dead silent.

"Today. I would like to announce, that there will be a new professor! She will teach the Defence Against The Dark Arts, after, Severus abandoned it (Severus rolled his eyes at Minerva and pinched the bridge of his nose). May I present to you..."

The Hall's door burst open to reveal a woman in all black. She stroded to the front of the hall, causing students to look at her confusingly.

"Miss Raven Katherine Jones!"

The students exchanged worried looks and applauded quietly. Severus looked towards Scarlet and saw her with a disgusted expression.

When dinner was finished, everyone was talking about the woman named Raven.

"Jones? Why do I feel like I remember that from before?!"
"I thought the job was jinxed! If only Dumbledore were alive-"
"But he isn't!"
"Wasn't she a worker from the Ministry?"
"She looks creepier than Snape in Mrs. Longbottom's clothes!"
"Shhhh, there she is!"

They all looked at the woman, and lowered their heads. What was with this woman that seemed so scary and familiar?

Meanwhile, Scarlet managed to slip with Severus into his chambers. He was still opening some of his gifts, and each one was treated special. Scarlet was in the very corner, watching the man tear the wrapper gently apart. She felt guilty that she never gave him a gift.

"Scarlet? Whats wrong?" Severus asked, looking into her eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't give you a present."

"That's like the 14th sorry I ever heard of today. Come here." he patted the seat beside him meaning for her to sit. Scarlet sat down sheepishly, and frowned. "Now don't frown. Besides, you gave me the best gift of all! And since it's Sunday, I think the birthday date was perfect."

"And now I forget it's Sunday! I didn't give you a gift. I feel stupid." said Scarlet. "Scarlet, you gave me a gift that Lily can never give me."

"What was it?"

"This."

In a few seconds, Scarlet realized that Severus was already brushing his lips against her's. She deepened the kiss by leaning towards him, then felt his arms snaking around her waist. He began rubbed circles in her back with his thumb making her swoon slightly. Later, they both pulled away, laughing.

"You were the best gift ever. And believe me, no one can ever take you away."