A Little 'Surprise'

NOTE: THIS CHAPTER IS QUITE LONG! --ThatLittlePotterhead

>SCARLET'S POV<

That's when it came to me? I've never met Mrs. Snape have I?

Well... I think so. I couldn't really remember. Eileen Snape loves to visit my mother to talk, but I was usually scared of the greasy stubborn dark teenager she sometimes brings, that I didn't need thinking twice to lock myself in my room. I heard though, that Tobias Snape died a few months ago. But I think it was a happy fact to Severus, as he always thought his father was a burden.

"I guess I haven't"

"Would you like to visit her? I just need to grab something from her, and we're off. Besides, mother would love to see Teresa Carter's daughter... After what happened." Severus offered, as my mind was still thinking whether or not.

"Alright. Are you sure she'll like me?" I asked conciously.

"Scarlet... I didn't get my attitude from my mother. She was... er... rather the complete opposite. And, once I tell her you're my girlfriend, I believe she'll change her mind."

"Why is she not in Spinner's End, with you?"

"Taking care of my parents and being a professor isn't a very good combination, unfortunately. So she decided to move to New York with her friend. Don't worry, they aren't far from here."

~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•~~•

I walked out of the bookstore while Severus held my hand. It felt quite weird... Being with a man twice of your age. I followed him towards a town, and saw different colored houses, with the same structure. This place didn't look like anything to Spinner's End. The place where I lived was dreadful, and the best scene to film a horror muggle movie.

"This is an old wizarding town. I rarely visit this place. Women tend to stick around me,"

"I told you! It's common for girls to fancy you!"

He arched an eyebrow at me, then continued walking. We arrived at a small white house with a beautiful front garden, where a beautiful line of lilies danced along the breeze. "Are these.... Lilies?" I asked, as my finger stroked one of them. "How ironic" whispered Severus slowly, knocking on the door. The door creaked open... To reveal a beautiful woman. She had the same features as Sev, but much longer and browner hair. She looked like those young moms you'd wish to have, as a black cat purred between her legs.

"Severus!" Eileen Snape gasped, as she hugged her own son. She pulled away and slapped his face. "After what I've heard of how you've been treating Hogwarts! You're in very much trouble!" then she hugged him again. "Mother...."

But her eyes suddenly landed on me, and her jaw fell to the steps. Mind the sarcasm. "T-Teresa? I-Is that y-you?" she suddenly stuttered. "Hello, Mrs. Snape... It's me. Scarlet Liana Carter."

She quickly ran to me, and squeezed me to death. I guess her & mum were really close. She pulled away from the hug, then caressed my cheek gently, as she examined my features. "Yes, you look just like your mother. Come in! The clouds seemed to have gather up this afternoon." Severus looked at me with an embarrassed smile, before taking my hand, helping me in. Mrs. Snape's house look quite comfy. The walls were light blue-grayish, as her emerald couch sat at the middle of the bedroom. There were also some framed pictures of Severus when he was younger.

I laughed at a funny one, which she noticed, then held the picture for both of us to see. Severus ignored this, going up the staircase, and slamming the door behind him. "Oh, my boy, he's quite stubborn. Oh, but look at him here, he's looks adorable doesn't he?" she said, I nodded my head in agreement. Sev must've heard this from upstairs, because he bellowed: