7.02 » saving erica

MAGNOLIA AND STILES WERE SEATED next to Erica, looking at the insurance records when Mr. Harris walked back in with Jackson. Luckily, he didn't seem to care.

"Whoa, look the dates," Stiles pointed out.

Erica read from the screen. "Passengers arrived at the hospital DOA. The estimated time of death... 9:26 P.M., June 14, 1995."

"Jackson's birthday is June 15th," Maggie informed. Stiles and Erica's eyes widened as Mr. Harris began to gather his belongings. This prompted everyone else to do the same, at which Harris scoffed at.

"Oh, no, I'm sorry. Uh, yes, I'm leaving. But none of you are. You may go when you're done with the re-shelving." He patted a cart full of books, which was only one of many. "Enjoy the rest of your evening."

He sauntered out of the library, eyes glaring after him.

Everyone stood up and began to pull the carts toward the bookshelves.

"Let's do this together and we'll finish quicker," said Stiles.

"Okay but if I end up doing most of the work I will throw one of these carts at you."

"You can't lift one of these Maggie," Stiles laughed. She gave him a look and pulled a cart with ease. "Still doesn't mean you can lift it," he muttered, following her down a row of bookcases. Allison happened to be there too, and Scott joined them shortly after coming back from the office.

Stiles, of course, did the honors of explaining his theory to them.

"It means he was born after his mom died by c-section. They had to pull him out of her dead body."

"So was it an accident or not?" asked Allison.

"The word all over the report is 'inconclusive.'"

Scott looked confused. "Then his parents could have been murdered?"

"If they were, then it falls in line with the kanima myth. You know? It seeks out and kills murderers."

"But for Jackson? Or the person controlling him?" Allison asked.

"Jackson's mean but I don't think he'd kill anyone," Magnolia added. She knew him best out of the four of them, after all.

"We have to talk to him," said Scott. "We have to tell him."

"He's not gonna l..." Allison started, but Scott hurried to find Jackson. Before they got a chance to chase after Scott, a crash from above was heard. A light shattered, and shards came raining down on them. Stiles jumped to cover Maggie and Allison.

"Erica!" Scott yelled from the bookshelf next to them. Erica roared back, beginning to shift into her werewolf form.

Jackson jumped over the shelves, toppling books on them. Erica screamed a few rows down and Magnolia wished she could help. She and Stiles looked at each other in fear. There was nothing they could do.

Somewhere out of their line of view, Jackson slammed Scott into a cart full of books, knocking it over with him on top. Scott stood up, looking at Jackson's face that was half human, half kanima.

Instead of trying to fight him as he shifted, Scott ducked down next to Stiles. They watched as Jackson's head twitched, when he raised his arm to scratch a chalkboard with his talons. He didn't even look to see what he was writing. It was like he was an impotent puppet.

STAY OUT OF MY WAY OR I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU.

The words on the board made Maggie's breath catch in her throat. Suddenly, Jackson jumped through the window, shattering the glass to make his escape. Magnolia was still frozen in place even though they were no longer in danger.

Stiles heard panting a few aisles down, so he hurried to search for the source. Erica was lying on the ground, shaking and struggling to breathe.

"Whoa, hey, hey, hey, hey!" Stiles wrapped his arms around her. "I think she's having a seizure!"

Allison followed suit and checked on Matt. "He's alive."

"Hey, we need to get her to a hospital," Stiles said to Scott.

"Derek..." Erica whispered in between breaths. "Only to Derek."

"When we get her to the hospital..." Scott started anyway before she whispered again.

"To Derek... to Derek."

"Scott. Listen to her. Derek will know what to do," Maggie pleaded. Erica was uncontrollably trembling, but Magnolia could still see the gratitude in her eyes.

"Go," Allison ordered. Scott went into the next aisle to talk to her. Maggie kneeled beside Stiles and held Erica's hand. Tears were starting to come out of her eyes as she squeezed Magnolia's hand.

✿  .・゜゜・ ❀ ・゜゜・.✿

They arrived at the Derek's lair, setting Erica down in the abandoned and rusted subway cart.

"Hold her up," Derek said calmly.

"Is she dying?" Stiles asked. Derek shook his head.

"She might, I..." he trailed off, thinking of a solution. Immediately, he came back to his senses. "Which is why this is gonna hurt."

Derek took Erica's arm, breaking the grasp she had on Maggie's hand. He snapped her forearm with ease.

Magnolia winced and Stiles shouted, "You broke her arm!"

"It'll trigger the healing process. I still gotta get the venom out. This is where it's really gonna hurt."

He squeezed, making blood gush through the newly formed wounds in her arm. The screams that came from Erica were bloodcurdling.

Maggie was trying not to cry, but Erica just took deep breaths after Derek stopped.

"Stiles... You make a good Batman," she said, before relaxing back into his arms.