12.02 » fighting derek

DEREK WAS ON THE PHONE with Scott, who was giving him an update from the morgue. Magnolia sat next to Peter, pretending to read what was on his Macbook's screen but in reality she was sending Stiles the seventh text within the span of an hour. For whatever reason, he still wasn't answering his phone.

"They say he's in some kind of transparent casing made from the venom coming out of his claws," Derek repeated aloud.

"That sounds sufficiently terrifying," said Peter.

"They also say he's starting to move."

"Like a cocoon?" Maggie wondered.

"Okay, look, I think I found something." Peter pointed to his screen. Magnolia stared at the drawing of the kanima in shock. She snapped a picture and sent it to Camellia immediately. "Looks like what we've seen from Jackson is just the kanima's beta shape."

"Well, meaning what?" Derek asked. "It can turn into something bigger?

"Bigger and badder."

"He's turning into that? That has wings."

"I can see that," Peter deadpanned.

"Scott, bring him to us," Derek commanded into his phone.

"Look somebody actually made an animation of it. Maybe it's less frightening if we—" Peter pressed a button on the keyboard. A piercing shriek played from the speakers and he abruptly closed the Macbook shut. "Nope, not at all. We should probably meet them halfway."

"Scott, get him out of there now. Go now."

Derek ended the call and hurried to make his way out of the room before Peter grabbed him by the arm.

"Derek, we need Lydia."

He shook his head. "There's no time for—"

"That's the problem. We're rushing. We're moving too fast," Peter expressed. "And while everybody knows that a moving target is harder to hit, here we are, racing right into Gerard's crosshairs."

Maggie's phone buzzed.

camellia 👯‍♀️
I'll be nearby. Just send me the location & we'll step in if we have to.

She looked back up at them, awaiting their next move. Derek look between the two of them.

"If I get the chance to kill Jackson, I'm taking it."

Magnolia instinctively stepped in front of Derek. "No you're not."

"Yes I am," Derek replied, amused.

"You'd have to kill me first."

"Like it'd be hard. We have to do this. Understand."

"The only thing I understand is that you only think about yourself. I know you're trying to save lives. But killing Jackson isn't going to stop Gerard and I'm not going to let you hurt him. You know Scott wouldn't either."

"That's why Scott doesn't know." Derek inched closer to her menacingly. "And if you tell him, you'll see what'll happen to you too."

She stood her ground. "Oh please Derek. I know you wouldn't hurt me." He cocked his head to the side with a grin on his face.

"You act like you're the big bad alpha but every time you do that you just end up putting us in more danger because you have too much pride to admit you're not always right."

The grin fell off his face. Peter was behind him, looking to the side trying to laugh.

"And what are you doing? Wasting time. You can't help even if you wanted to. Now you can go home, get out of the way and be a crybaby about it like always or come. But I'm leaving now."

Magnolia huffed, but stepped out of his way. "Fine. I'm coming with you."