12.01 » seeing peter again

MAGNOLIA WAITED OUTSIDE the boys locker room while they showered and changed out of their lacrosse gear. Her anxiety kept building knowing that time was ticking by and Stiles was still missing. She had already sent Cami a text letting her know, and she assured Maggie that she'd keep a low profile and scour the woods around town.

Sheriff Stilinski emerged through the door. "Come on in."

Maggie followed, walking up to Scott and Isaac hoping for an update.

"I've got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I've got an APB out on Stiles. His jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means..." the sheriff trailed off. "The hell, I don't know what that means. Ummm... look, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any one of you see him—"

"We'll call you," Isaac assured.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him," said Scott.

"Yeah," Stilinksi exhaled. "I'll see you, okay?" The three of them nodded and he walked off. Coach Finstock approached them.

"McCall. We need you on the team, okay? You know I can't put you on the field next season if you don't get your grades up."

"Yeah, I know Coach."

He patted Scott on the back. "All right. I mean, I know I yell a lot but it's not like I hate you guys. Well, I kind of hate Greenberg but, you know, that's different. It's Greenberg. I'm just saying we— I need you on the team. Get your grades back up."

"I will."

"I know." Coach walked away, just as the locker room cleared out.

"Is that everyone?" Scott asked, scanning the room for anyone else.

"I think so," confirmed Isaac. Scott wasted no time ripping Stiles' locker door of its hinges. He handed it to Maggie to hold.

"Are you gonna try to find him by scent?" she asked.

"Yeah, we both are." He rummaged through the belongings and handed Isaac the left pair of Stiles' classic gray Vans.

"But how come you get his shirt and I get a shoe?" he asked, making Maggie giggle. The lightheartedness was short-lived. Derek Hale appeared in the doorway behind them.

"We need to talk," he announced in his gruff Alpha voice.

Suddenly, Peter Hale appeared behind him. Magnolia gasped.

"All of us."

"Holy shit." Scott looked to and from the other Hale relative. "What the hell is this?"

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the sheriff's station," said Derek.

"Okay, hold on. He— he threatened to kill my mom. And I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?"

"I'm gonna go with Scott on this one. Have you seen his mom?" asked Peter. "She's gorgeous."

Derek and Scott spoke at the same time. "Shut up."

"Who is he?" Isaac asked curiously.

"That's Peter, Derek's uncle. Little while back he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire, and Derek slashed his throat."

"Hi," Peter greeted sarcastically. He gave Isaac a small wave.

"That's good to know."

Maggie took a step forward. "How is he even alive? I doused him in gasoline myself."

"Okay badass," Isaac praised, and Maggie gave him a 'no biggie' shrug.

"Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson," explained Derek. "And maybe how to save him."

"Well, that's very helpful except Jackson's dead," Isaac deadpanned.

"What?" Derek look genuinely confused, if not a bit nervous.

"Yeah, Jackson's dead. It just happened on the field."

Derek locked to Peter, who just avoided eye contact and sighed.

It was Isaac's turn to be confused. "Okay, why is no one taking this as good news?"

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen," Peter explained. "Gerard wanted it to happen."

"But why?" Derek questioned.

"Well, that's exactly what we need to figure out. And something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

The five of them were back at the Hale house, where Peter had promised them answers to the questions that plagued them. The house was shrouded in darkness, and although she wouldn't say it, it creeped Maggie out. The only light came from Scott's phone, which had lit up with a text message.

"Oh. They found Stiles," he said with a sigh of relief.

Magnolia was instantly relieved too, glad that at least one of their problems had resolved itself and that Stiles was safe. She pulled out her phone to update Cam on the situation.

"I told you, I looked everywhere," Derek said to Peter.

"You didn't look here." They stopped in front of the staircase. Peter removed one of the floorboards near the bottom, pulling out a thin suitcase and blowing the dust off the surface.

"What is that, a book?" Derek asked.

"No." Peter scoffed. "It's a laptop. What century are you living in?" Derek rolled his eyes. "A few days after I got out of the coma, I transferred everything that we had. Fortunately the Argents aren't the only ones that keep records." He pulled the Macbook out and carried it into the other room. The other followed, except Scott who had stayed back to answer a phone call.

Peter plugged the charger into the wall and sat down in front of the desk, Magnolia amazed the house even had some sort of electricity. They waited for the Mac to boot up in silence.

"So to answer your question, I came back to life by using your best friend Lydia."

"You what?" Maggie lunged at him, being stopped only by Isaac's strong arms wrapping around her holding her back. He was surprised by both her strength and the look of pure fury on her face. He realized then that Lydia was the only thing that could make her react like this. He moved his arm from around her midsection to under her chin. He hugged her shoulders and she wrapped her hands around his muscles, squeezing so she'd calm down.

Peter smirked, and Derek crossed his arms. "You should've just let her do it."

Scott entered the room with a panic-stricken face. Magnolia relaxed into Isaac's arms.

"That was my mom. She said something weird's happening with Jackson."

"We have to go," Maggie said.

"Actually I think you should stay here Mags. It might be dangerous," he stated, looking at her apologetically. "Isaac."

"I'll go," Isaac agreed, releasing Magnolia from his grip. Her heart fell a little, but she nodded in apprehension.

"Um no, take her with you," Peter cut in.

The reaction made Maggie change her mind immediately. "Hell no. I don't trust you. I'm staying here to make sure you don't pull anything."

Derek sighed. "Just go. There's no time to waste."

Scott nodded and headed out the door with Isaac close behind. Peter shook his head in annoyance, clacking away at the keyboard as he pulled up the Hale family bestiary.

✿  .・゜゜・ ❀ ・゜゜・.✿

a/n: sorry it's kind of a filler but things are about to go down lol. i'll include a spotify playlist next to get y'all ready. thanks for reading