ten +

ten +

    Luke smiled as he pointed to a kid dressed as a ladybug. "I think I was a ladybug in first grade."

    "Did you get beat up?" Michael asked, scooting closer to his coworker to make room for another father with his child.

    "No, actually. I went to a nice charter school that was very accepting," Luke gloated, proud of his upbringing.

    Michael shook his head with a laugh. "That's something special. I went to public school in Bronx, so," Mike trailed off.

    He grew up in a stable two-parent home. They weren't affluent, but they always had a roof over their heads and food on the table. His parents argued, but they loved each other. Mike was fourteen when his little brother was born. After that, everything simply went downhill.

    "Look how cute that one is," Luke cooed at a girl dressed up at some Disney character. He really loved kids and couldn't wait to have his own.

    Michael leant back in his subway seat with a content smile on his warm lips, he rested his right arm behind the back of Luke's seat. "I was Spiderman for, like, 10 years."

    "Weren't you Spiderman last year?" Luke asked.

    Mike nodded.

    "What are you this year?"

    "Oh, you know," he said with a smile, "My parents' lost dreams." Michael fidgeted in his seat, bumping his knee with Luke's. His Oxford style shoes squeaked against the dirty tile floors.

    Luke laughed, "That's terrible."

    Mike always found it oddly adorable when Luke laughed. His voice would squeak and he'd try to cover his face with his lean fingers. It made Michael smile, too.

    "I always think it's kind of weird when anyone past the age of 12, like, fully dresses up," Michael whispered, his breath against the shell of Luke's ear. "I mean, I'm all for being who you want to be, it's just kind of weird."

    "I get what you're saying." Luke subconsciously leant into Michael's touch on the back of his seat. He switched his legs, his right leg now only centimeters from Michael's left leg. Their feet touched at every stop and bump of the subway.

    "This is probably kind of weird," Michael started, leaning closer to Luke once more, "but do you wanna come home with me? It's Friday night and I have nothing to do, I know you don't either." Mike has been lonely since Matt broke off whatever they had.

    "Maybe I was planning on going out."

    "Luke, I know you weren't." Mike's breath was on Luke's cheek and Luke wasn't sure how to react.

    The blonde smiled, biting his top lip, "I'd like that." He took a glance at the younger man to see him, too, smiling to himself.

    Mike moved his hand from the back of his set to Luke's outer thigh. "Hope you're not tired," he spoke under his breath.

    Luke debated his own stupidity for the next three stops. Why did he say yes? Did he really want to go home with Michael? He knew that when Michael brings a boy home, that boy doesn't leave a few hours later after dinner and a movie, this is 21st-century Michael G. Clifford.

    Luke looks at Michael's hand on his thigh, his pale fingers running up and down the seam of the older man's slacks. "Where do you live?"

    "Just the stop after yours," he responded, "off of East 10th. My roommate shouldn't be home so we're good for the night." Mike implied that Luke would be staying until morning, hoping to get a few other hints across before they get off.

    "You still live with a roommate? What a nerd," he teased.

    "He makes me milkshakes and I let him steal my nice socks."

     Luke made a disgusted face, "That's really gross."

    Mike leant down, grabbing his backpack from the floor. He got up to his full six feet height, reaching down to grab Luke's hand. "Whatever, let's get the party started."

    Luke gripped his coworkers hand as if his entire life depended on their fingers wrapped together. He followed Michael off the subway and into the underground station.

    Mike dragged him up into the cold air of New York, running across and trying to not get ran-over. He dropped the blonde's hand as his brick-sided complex came into view. He got out his key, quickly ushering Luke out of the cold and into the polished lobby.

    "This used to be a hotel in, like, the 30s," he told Luke. Michael skipped up the steps, going through corridors fast in hopes that Luke would catch up.

    "That's fun," the thirty-five-year-old responded, not really caring for his facts. He looked up at the stone interior walls and polished tiled floors. He truly did admire the old building, but he admired the back of Michael much more.

    Mike stopped at the end of the hallway, swiping his keycard through the proper lock in the door. He opened the door to his apartment, seeing his roommate left lights on before leaving for the night.

    Luke walked in first, dropping his coat and satchel upon the teal couch.

    It was a small apartment, but not too bad for New York apartments. He turned around, seeing Michael drop everything on the kitchen counter. He left Luke in the living room, going to the back to turn on a few more lights.    

    He wasn't afraid of the dark, he just preferred the light.

    Luke took steps closer to the back rooms, not sure if Michael wanted him to follow. He peaked his head into a messy room with white walls and icicle lights. Mike was kicking his shoes off into his cubby hole of a closet then shutting the doors.

    He turned around, giving Luke a smile. "Let's get to this, yeah?"

    Luke let out another laugh, a goofy smile on his lips. "Are we gonna fuck?" He bluntly asked, sitting down on unmade white sheets.

    Mike sat next to him, his feet curled under his body as he looked straight at Luke. "Do you want to? We don't have to. Whatever you'd like."

    Luke took a deep breath, was he really about to bang a twenty-eight-year-old? He licked over his lips as he stood up once more, pulling his work shirt out from his slacks and getting it on the hardwood floors. "Yeah," his voice was muffled as he took a seat on Mike's lap, "Let's fuck."

Surprise, I'm back. ;~)

Thoughts?