thirteen

thirteen

Michael giggled at another story Luke told of his childhood. He pulled up his sweatpants, not bothering with a shirt, before laying back in bed next to the blonde.

Luke opened up his arms, letting Michael cozy himself into the warmth his maybe-friend gave off. "My brothers used to lock me in the closet and I never realized how far that would take me."

Mike laughed as he got comfortable. He laid his head on the crook of Luke's shoulder and rested his hands on the bare boy's chest. "What is your sexuality, by the way? I don't want to, like, put words into your mouth."

"Your guess is as good as mine," he breathed out. "Is that pathetic? I'm thirty-five and not sure of my sexual orientation or romantic orientation or literally anything."

"I don't think it matters. You do you."

Luke shrugged. "I was married to a lady for about six years before everything stopped working. There wasn't really a big reason why we stopped working, I sometimes wonder if it has anything to do with my confusion about myself."

The air around them seemed to fall from their happy, cheerful, post-sex kind of mood to a more solemn one.

Mike listened to Luke's breathing, feeling the rise and fall of his chest. He wasn't sure what to say so he didn't say anything.

"Maybe it's because I was never, ever home. I was doing my residency plus working and, I don't know, being shitty."

Michael shook his head, "I, of all people, would understand the massive amount time our career takes up."

"I guess. You've never been married, though. There were days I didn't want to come home because I knew it'd just be arguing." Luke rested his other hand on his chest as he pulled Michael in closer. "Marriage is truly such a big commitment and I wasn't ready for it."

"Maybe you two just weren't right for each other."

Luke shrugged, he still felt guilty. He knew his ex-wife deserved more, he knew she deserved better. "I want to get married again, one day."

"Me too," Michael responded.

"I want a few kids, but I think I'm getting too old." Luke's fingers trailed up and down Michael's arm, he felt goosebumps rise on the pale skin. "What about you?"

"Eh."

Luke smiled and let out a soft laugh. "You're great with kids. Well, with my nieces, at least."

Michael looked up at him, kissing his chin. "I pretty much took care of my little brother for most of his life, you know. I've raised a kid, I don't really feel a need to raise another one."

Luke shrugged once more, hoping he could one day change Michael's mind. Hoping one day they could be more than they are right now. "Four kids," he said, "I want four kids."

"That's sure a lot, especially for a little bottom like yourself."

"I'm a power-bottom, first of all," he defended.

Michael shook his head, knowing the blonde was wrong.

Luke continued, "I want two boys, Oliver and Elijah. Then two girls, Ava and Violet."

"What if your kid is non-binary?"

Luke looked down at the black-haired boy. "Then, obviously, they can decide what to do. I'm naming their named based on their sex, not their gender." He pointed out, before adding, "Idiot."

"I wanted a kid named Asher but then I met Ashton."

Luke laughed as he thought of their boss. "Yeah. Asher seems like a name for a dog, to be honest."

Michael sat up slowly, stretching out his back. "I guess we've gotta have your four kids and a dog, then." He smiled down at the blonde, liking that he was smiling back.

Luke liked the sound of we, but Michael didn't think much of it.

Mike got up on his arms, pinning Luke down against the sheets. "We should get started on those four kids, don't you think?"

Luke let out a giggle as he leant up, his teeth pulling at Mike's bottoms lip as round two started their morning.