Chapter Three

Jack drove home pissed off . He saw that Katherine girl getting in her car and her friends jumping in .

Jack parked his car and walked inside his house . "Maria ?! " Jack shouted . His little maid came downstairs and smiled .

"What's wrong niñito" the sweet older lady asked .

"I had a crappy day ... " he said .

"I'll cook something " she said and walked to the kitchen.

Maria made him a burrito with fresh beans and rice . "Where's mom and dad ?" Jack asked taking a bite of his food .

"They're at a meeting " she said .

"No... Last time they were at a meeting we moved from Long Island  to Manhattan" Jack sighed .

"I doubt that will happen ... Now , eat your food then do your homework " she said .

"I'm 17... I don't need a babysitter " Jack said .

"But you still have me cook and clean for you ?" She said and walked out. Jack sighed and went upstairs to do his homework .

Tonight was the school budget meeting . He had to make his points clear to principal Synder so he could keep the money in the basketball court.

~*~*~

Katherine walked inside her house and saw her mother , Hannah on the phone .

"Hey mom " Katherine said putting her keys down .

Hannah put her finger up telling her to shhh , and went on with her phone call. Katherine sighed and walked up the stairs to her room .

She opened the white doors of her balcony and sighed . She could see the large pool being cleaned and the grass being mowed .

Katherine began to jot down things she should bring up at tonight's meeting . She also called her friends and told them that there gonna do a flash mob of last years musical just to prove they need the money .

"A handsome, heroic , charismatic , plain spoken know it all , skirt chasing little son of a -" Katherine said as she thought of that stupid jerk Jack.

Her phone rang and she ran to pick up her cell phone .

"Hello ?"
"Katherine ? " Clara shrieked .
"What ?! What's wrong ?!"
"Our plan is never gonna work !"
"What ? Why not  ?!"
"Because... Jenn is at college "
"So ?"
"Jen was Anna last year !"
"So ... Just call her ..."
"We can't ! She's at college -"
"And ?"
"In Hawaii!"
"Oh crap ! " Katherine said .
"Kath, you can do it !"
"But -"
"I'll be over in an hour to help you get dressed and stuff bye "

Katherine sighed and threw her phone on her bed . And Clara was honest . She was over within an hour and helped her get dressed .

"Let's go kick some basket balls !" Clara said

"Let's go kick some basket balls !" Clara said .

"You mean basket ball butt ?" Katherine asked .

"No ... I mean their balls ... Let's kick them ... Get it -"

"Yeah I get -"

"Cause they're basketball -"

"I get it !" Katherine said .

They drove in Katherine's car and saw plenty of cars and such all around . Katherine sighed and grabbed Clara's hand . "Let's go "

The walked in and saw the basketball team sitting there . The principal was at the front . "And ... To prove to us that they should get the money from the school ... Please welcome the drama department's performance of 'Getting to Know You' from 'The King and I'" their principal said .
Katherine walked on stage with a mic and some people near her .

"This otta be good " Jack said to Davey . The whole basketball team laughed . Katherine swallowed her anger and smiled .

"Getting to know you, getting to know all about you.
Getting to like you, getting to hope you like me.
Getting to know you, putting it my way,
But nicely,
You are precisely,
My cup of tea." Katherine sang . The audience looked up and began to pay attention to her .

"Getting to know you,
Getting to feel free and easy
When I am with you,
Getting to know what to say
Haven't you noticed
Suddenly I'm bright and breezy
Because of all the beautiful and new
Things I'm learning about you
Day by day." Katherine smiled and began to sing to the audience and the rest of her cast sang along quietly .

"Sharing your spirit,
Sharing your tears and your laughter
Hoping it goes on,
Hoping it lasts endlessly
Getting to know you, putting it my way,
But sweetly,
You are completely,
My friend you see." Katherine sang and went to the teachers .

"Telling you my dreams,
Getting to feel that you're with me
Making our own fun,
Knowing we know how to play
Now that I've met you
Suddenly I'm mostly happy
I've found a new pal, beautiful and true
Yes I'm talking about you
Friends Today" Katherine said and finished by being near the basketball team .

The audience clapped and cheered as she smirked to the team . "Thank you " she said aloud . She handed back the mic .

"After much discussion... We have decided to split the money between the drama department and basketball team " principal Synder said .
The meeting ended and they all walked off .

"At least we get some money " Clara said as the girls walked back to her car .

"Only half !" Katherine said getting the keys out of her purse .

"Hey Pulitzer ! " Katherine turned around and saw Jack with all his little friends .

"I've got pepper spray " Clara said quietly to her . Katherine nodded and folded her hands across her chest and put her keys between her hands .

"What do you want Jack ?" She asked .

"We just... Dave say it" Jack said .

"congrats on half the money " Davey said .

"Thank you " Katherine said and went open her door .

"You know .... Your song wasn't half bad" Jack said .

"Was that a compliment?"

"No .... But it wasn't an insult " Jack said and the boys walked off