Chapter Twelve

Katherine went to school like normal , today was the day of jacks game and she said she'd come .

She didn't have anyone to go. She walked in the large gym and sat down in a corner , she pretended she was getting "research for the jocks in heathers " .

She watched the game without really understanding what was going on. "Katherine! Dear come down here !" A voice said .

Katherine squinted and saw jacks parents waving her down . She figured she could go and if people ask say it's the business deal ... Technically it is .

She walked down and sat down next to them. "Hello dear how are you ?" His mother Whitney asked .

"I'm quite well , how are you ?"

"Wonderful , your mother told me you've picked out a dress "

"Yes , it's very nice ... We're having a pink ribbon with grey detailing sew on the middle of my waist so it matches the colors " Katherine said .

"Katherine ? Who was that young man yesterday who walked your mother down the aisle ?" His father Roger asked .

"My brother ... Steven .... He's off at college studying marketing ... But he came down for my wedding " Katherine said .

"How old is he ?"

"23 I believe..." Katherine said "yeah he's birthday is in a couple months "

"I didn't know you had a brother " Roger said .

"Yes , well his off in New Mexico.... Santa Fe State University ... He got a full ride , Santa Fe and Yale were fighting for him ... He choose Santa Fe because they had a higher success rate in finding jobs out of college " Katherine said .

"Oh ! Jack has the ball !" Whitney said . They all turned turned their heads to jack . They watched him dribble and shoot the ball . He got it in the hoop and the crowd cheered .

"I remember when I used to play basketball in high school " Roger said .

"You did ?" Katherine asked him .

"Yes , I went here actually , I was captain of the basketball team , same number as Jack was 2, in fact I even played some in college , then I had to really focus on school " Roger said .

"Do you think that Jack will have to do the same ?" Katherine asked .

"No , we're doing this arrangement so you two can have better lives and chase your dreams while being financial stable .... The business is only a plus " Roger said .

"Oh " Katherine said and continued to watch the game . Ball after ball Jack made points and the team ended up winning .

Katherine said goodbye to the Kellys and walked off to her car , which was in w small empty parking lot near the drama room.

"Katherine! Wait up !" Jack said running to her , him in his uniform .

"What on earth are you doing out here ? It's barley 45 degrees... You'll get sick !" Katherine said .

"I know , I just wanted to thank you for coming ... It also means a lot to my parents that you sat down with them and talked .." Jack said .

"It was no big deal " Katherine said .

"Yeah , but to them it was , they've always wanted more kids .... And my father always wanted a daughter ... And you're gonna be their daughter ... In a way .... And you spent time with them and talked with them ... It made my parents really happy ... Thank you " he said .

"You're welcome ... Your parents are pretty nice " Katherine said . Jack put his fist up and she bumped it . "See you ... I gotta do some homework " Katherine said and went in her car .

~*~*~

Jack woke up that Saturday morning and was happy he got to sleep in . In fact it was 12:30 in the afternoon and he just woke up .

He moped around for a while and went on Twitter and Instagram . Nothing too important and Katherine and him dating rumors were out to rest as rumors over Lena Thanes may or may not be pregnant with the math teacher , Mr. James , son's baby .

He was really relieved that was what everyone was talking about and not the fact that Katherine had been sitting and talking with his parents at the game .

"Jack ! Honey ! Downstairs !" Maria , the maid, said . Jack walked down and saw her , she had made him some food .

He ate his meal and Maria cleaned up the kitchen ." Where are my mom and dad ?" Jack asked .

"Moms out shopping for your wedding your father is at work sweetheart " she said .

"So it's just you and me ?" He asked .

"No , Frankie is here , he's pulling weeds ." She said . Jacks miles and went upstairs and went back to sleep.