Chapter Nine

Katherine walked into school that Tuesday and the world seemed to spin around her . She had to learn a new role by January... She was now drama club president and they were trying to raise money for the sets ...And she is getting married ... In three weeks ...

Katherine shook her head and walked to her locker . She did her combination quickly and opened it. She saw a note .
Katherine unfolded it and read the note .

Hey ,
I don't have your number or anything and my dad wants us to go on a date ... So here's my number (555)-123-4576.... Text me or something.... I know you're going to go wedding dress shopping today so just text me when you're done or something ....

- Jack .

She quickly got her phone and entered his contact information. She put her phone in her bag . "Who's the note from ?" Race asked as he came up behind her .

"No one " Katherine said and put it back in her locker . She went to grab her water bottle and race took the note .

"Hey ,
I don't have your number or anything and my dad wants us to go on a date ... So here's my number (555)-123-4576.... Text me or something-"

Katherine quickly grabbed the note and shoved it in her bra. "You wouldn't dare go in there " .

"Someone got digits !" Race said mocking her .

"Shut up " she said and closed her locker .

"Wait ... Why does his dad want him to go on a date ?" Race asked .

"It's a joke about the country club... You would have to be there to get it " she said and they walked to class.

"So Veronicccccaaaa " Race said as they sat down in their seats .

"You've got a left hand .... Use it!" Katherine said laughing .

"Miss Pulitzer! Mr. Higgins! Please be quite ! This is a classroom not a stage !" Their teachers said .

"Life's a stage " Race said under his breath .

"What was that Mr. Higgins ?!" The teacher asked.

"I said -"

"Race stop !" Katherine said pulling him back down to his seat.

"No !" He said and then he stood up on the table "I said ... LIFES A STAGE !" He shouted .

"Race !" Katherine said and yanked him back down . "Apologize " she said quietly .

"No ! LIFES a stage ! And I'm staring in it !" Race said .

"Mr. Higgins ! Sit down ! " the teacher said . Katherine pulled him down .

"Sit" Katherine said through her teeth and he did just so .

~*~*~

Jack walked to the PE building , which just happened to be his fourth period.

All the guys were sitting around his locker . "What's up ?" He asked as he opened the locker to put his bag in.

"How do you know Katherine Pulitzer?" Davey asked .

"Our dads go to the same country club" he told them trying to brush off the subject .

"Yeah ? How come you helped her with an umbrella yesterday?" Specs asked his glasses on the tip of his nose .

"It was pouring and she didn't have an umbrella " Jack said .

"And how come one of our sources say you got to school early to stuff a note in her locker ?" Finch asked .

"It was my dad business card for her father ... Her father is getting new lawyers and my dad has some to recommend... Dad asked me to drop it off" he said .

"And how come at lunch yesterday you went outside to talk to her ?" Romeo asked folding his hands over his chest .

"I was telling her that I'd drop the business card today" Jack said .

"And how come she has a ring on her finger ?" Albert asked .

"Beats me ! She could have a boyfriend or maybe just liked the ring !" Jack said .

"Jack .... As your friends we want you to be happy .... But as your team mates we want to keep our social status and winning streak " Jojo said .

"And our team as has lost any game where any player is dating someone who isn't a cheerleader " Romeo said .

"Now , you can look at Pulitzer .... You touch Pulitzer but don't you dare date her ! She's off limits ! We'll loose the game and our whole school will hate you .... You don't want that do you ? No , and if I were you ... I wouldn't even look ..." Davey said . Jack rolled his eyes and grabbed his PE shorts .

The guys all left and Davey stayed "Hey , do you have something for Pulitzer " he asked .

"Hell no ! My dads just being my dad and trying to get business deals " Jack said .

"That's unfortunate " Davey said .

"Yeah "

"So are you like being nice to her so she tells her dad and he does the business deal ?" Davey asked as he put his PE shirt on.

"I guess ... I don't know " Jack said and locked his locker .

"Oh ... Well ... At least you don't have to marry her ! That's always a good thing !" Davey said and walked out of the locker room.

"Yeah ... Good thing " Jack said and slammed the other lockers near him.