Chapter Thirty-One

Katherine stared at Jack for a second . She looked and saw his blue eyes now ocean blue, with twirls of green mixed in.

His black hair was like a raven , dark and mysterious. She wanted to run her hands through it again .

He was quite tall , probably 6'4. With a strong athletic body . He had muscles that could probably pick up his car .

As Katherine looked at Jack he took the time to marvel at her . Katherine's brown eyes had small flecks of gold .

And her hair was brown with a subtle curl , tiny strands of metallic yellowish gold weaved their way through her hair .

She was shorter than him , only at 5'5... Her frame was small . She had long fingers that were thin . And a tiny waist , Jack could probably fit her waist in both of his hands .

They leaned in closer to one another , so close ; yet so far . As they leaned in it was dead silent .

Then Jack's phone began to ring. Katherine quickly took her hands off him and walked upstairs to get ready for bed .

Jack opened his phone , "this better be important!" He yelled .

"Hello , would you be infested in the new Ford -" Jack then blocked the call and ran upstairs.

He found Katherine sitting under the covers , with her phone , all ready for bed. Jack went to get changed quickly .

He laid down and plugged his phone into charge . "Night Kath " he said .

"Night Jack ... Good game " she said and turned off her light. She moved her body far from Jack and he did the same , and he faced the opposite side of her .

~*~*~*~

Jack woke up first that Sunday morning and jumped in the shower . He washed his hair and face and body then jumped out .

He got dressed in jeans and a shirt . His phone light up with a text message . He unlocked his phone and read it .

Breakfast for players only ,
Denny's @ 10
-Davey

It was 9:45 . He shook Katherine a tad "hey I'm gonna go out with Davey and the boys ... I'll be back later okay ?" He asked .

"Yeah " she said and went back to sleep . Jack grabbed his jacket and phone . And headed to his car .

He drove down the street to the Denny's and saw some of his team mates already in there .

Katherine woke up about two hours later . She had called Clara over to help with her major changing thing .

"So , what's it like being married ?" Clara asked as she helped Katherine pick a head shot .

"Okay , kinda like you have a shadow ... But you have to think of them too " Katherine said .

"What's it like living on your own ?" Clara asked .

"Pretty nice , no rules , no regulations no one telling you that you can't stay up to 5 in the morning watching an Andrew Lloyd Webber marathon of phantom , both the movie and Filmed live , and Jesus Christ superstar , or Joseph and the technicolor dream coat ... Or yell at you because 'watching bootlegs is illegal ' " Katherine said .

"You're living the dream !" She smiled at Katherine .

"Yeah "

"And you get to get your man with you 24/7!"

"Yeah...."

"So what's it like ... You know ... Being with your man all the time ?" She asked .

"Complicated " Katherine said recalling the memories of last night .

"How ?" She asked .

"Remember how I told you in November that I was having an arranged marriage " Katherine asked . Clara nodded her head "well I was ... To Jack " Katherine said .

Clara gasped "what ! I thought they called it off !"

"No , I just kept it from everyone " Katherine said .

"So that whole being in love and before grandma dies stuff was fake ?" She asked .

"Yes ... Please don't be mad !" Katherine said .

"I'm not ! That was such an amazing performance!" ," Clara said . Katherine laughed . "So... You don't love him ?"

"Nope "

"Have you kissed him ?" She asked .

"Once , at the wedding , after we said I Do" Katherine told her .

"Oh ... Then you've never "

"Never what ?" Katherine asked grabbing some paper .

"Had you know what with him ?" Clara said .

"No ! God no !" Katherine said . "But last night he convinced my father to allow me to transfer from business to theatre at NYU ... And I hugged him ... And we sorta kinda almost kissed "

"What happened ?" Clara asked .

"He got a phone call then things went awkward " she said

"Well let me know if it's stops being awkward ... Do you want to kiss him ?"

"I don't know " Katherine sighed .