Chapter Twenty-Seven

Katherine finished her rehearsal and walked to Jack "hey , what did you think?" She asked .

"Amazing ... You did great... The shows this Friday ?"

"Yeah ... You're gonna come right ?" She asked .

"Of course ... My championship game is on Saturday next weekend " he said .

"I though it was this week " Katherine said as they walked to the car .

"Yeah but the other teams had a tie so they have to have a game today and then we'll get to do it " Jack said .

"Oh , that's good " Katherine said .

~*~*~*~

It was that Friday morning. Katherine opened her show today , she didn't sleep much the night before .

Jack woke her up because she had slept through her alarm . "Kath, come on ... Wake up " Jack said shaking her .

"No " she said .

"Katherine Alessandra Pulitzer Kelly wake up " Jack said .

She rolled around and took his pillow and covered her face with it .

"Katherine come on " he said shaking her .

"No!" She said groaning .

"Katherine come on" Jack said .

"No!" She yelled and took the blanket and buried heralded in it.

"Come on it's time for school " Jack said .

"No ! I'm staying home , I didn't sleep at all " Katherine said .

"Fine , stay home okay ... I'm gonna get dressed -" Katherine grabbed him by the arm and pulled him down to lay on their bed .

"Stay and make me breakfast " she said curling into his side .

"Katherine I've gotta go "Jack said .

"Please stay with me and make me food " Katherine whined .

"Kath -"

"Part of your vows was to make me food" Katherine said.

"Katherine, no it wasn't ... I'm gonna go okay .. And I'll be back around 2:30 ... Do you want  me to drive you to the theatre ?" He asked

"No , I'll have Race drive me ... Bye Jack" she said and went back to sleep .

Katherine woke up later and got ready , she took a shower and warmed up her voice and body. She was in jeans and a blouse and she grabbed her makeup , Bobby pins and nylons . Race was outside and he drove her to the theatre .

It was 6:45 and the show started at 8. She was in her dressing room that she didn't share . It was nice .

Katherine had her hair in pin curls and most of her makeup done . She was like urging on her eyelash and she got a knock on the door .

Katherine opened it and saw Mrs. Larkin ." Break a leg dear, I need to use the spare safety pins ... One of the ensemble's rights ripped . "

"Oh , okay , yeah here " she said and handed the bag.

Katherine got her wig on and her costume , it was a floral dress with an ugly jean jacket and a scarf wrapped around her . She wore sneakers on her feet.

Katherine took a deep breath and walked on stage . She was using her diary and pen and began to write . "Dear Diary " Katherine sang and began the show .

The show was going great ! They were barley at Big Fun.
"I know who I'm eating lunch with tomorrow... Do you ?" Clara asked . Katherine ran off stage. She had to change into the blazer that could be easily thrown off and had to put fix her lipstick .

She walked on stage and began dead girl walking . The audience seemed to be laughing . "Slap me ! Pull my hair !" She sang .

"Touch me there and there and there " she and will sang and will undid her shirt. She wore a flesh colored tank top thankfully .

They finished their songs and received tons of laughs . Katherine could hear Jack's "WOO! GO KATH !" In the audience as she got ready for act two.

"High energy ! Katherine you did great !" Clara said as she walked back stage .

Katherine smiled and then she heard them call places . She ran on stage and the curtain and lights when up . "Dear Diary "

The show went on with laughs and cries . It was time for dead girl walking reprise . "and the moNSTER I CREATED ! YEAH ! YEEEAAAHHH!" She belted out highly .

Katherine heard screams and yells from the audience. They finished the show and began to do bows.

She watched from the wings as Will took his bow as JD. She heard the music changed and dead girl walking began . The cast made a aisle down the center for her . She ran onto the front of the stage and took a bow .

She heard screams and yells and cheering "THATS MY WIFE !" She heard and she smiled . She grabbed will and Clara's hand and they did a big cast bow .

Then Mrs. Larkin walked on stage with a bouquet of sunflowers . She handed one single sunflower to the entire cast and then a stage hand , handed Mrs. Larkin a big bouquet of sunflowers . Mrs. Larkin gave Katherine the big bouquet and she smiled . The cast told her to take another bow , and she did .

The show finished and she got off her makeup and hair and clothes . She was going to go so Jack and her could drive home.

When she walked out to the door she saw the entire basketball team , all of them with a single pink rose for her . They all hugged her and gave her the rose , saying "you did great " and "wow " and "bravo" .

Katherine saw Jack with a giant bouquet of pink roses . He handed her the pink roses "here you go " he said . She smiled and hugged him. "You did so good Kath !"

She then felt a tap on her shoulder , Jack's parents were there and so where her parents and her brother . "You did so good Katherine "

"Thank you " she said blushing .  Jack and Katherine said goodbye and then were in the car .

Jack turned into the Go Gp Freeze and opened the door for her . "How did you-"

He smiled and they went inside .