Chapter Twenty-Four

After Jack got some girl to shut up Sara things were okay . Jack and Katherine shared small smiles of Sara getting scared when Katherine was near by .

Today was the day of jacks game , if they didn't win they wouldn't make the championship. Katherine was more nervous than Jack , knowing that if they didn't win that the whole school would hate her .

Katherine and convinced Clara and some of her friends from drama to come . They only agreed because Mrs. Larkin had gotten them special permission to put on dead girl walking reprise .

Katherine took her seat in the stands , she was sitting near the center bottom . She had a great view of the court and was nervous for Jack .

It was weird , being there for her husband . The announcer began to speak . "Now , give it up for the Manhattan Wildcats !"

"I didn't know we were the wildcats ! Oh my ! We're like high school musical !" Race said .

"Shhh ! I'm watching this !" Clara said as she watched the cheerleaders try and kick their legs up "oh my lord ! They suck ! ITS CALLED A PLÍE NOT A FRICKEN SQAUT!"

"Theatre kids " Katherine said in into her hands .

"Katherine! Katherine dear !" She turned and saw jacks parents sitting down elsewhere.

"I'll be right back " Katherine said . She walked down to Whitney and Roger . "Hi" Katherine said and hugged them both .

"How are you dear ?" Whitney asked .

"Well and yourself ?"

"Great ..." She said and smiled .

"How's married life ?" Roger asked .

"Well thank you " Katherine said .

"And ... Have you -"

"That's for us to know and -"

"For us to die trying to find out " Roger said . They all laughed "Well , we'll let you get back to your friends , have a nice night dear "

"You too , goodbye " Katherine said and walked back to her friends .

"Who were they ?" Will asked .

"Jack's parents " Katherine said .

"Your in-laws " Clara said .

"Yeah " Katherine said and the game started . Jack quickly got the ball and then started to dribble . Katherine watched him , he quickly made a basket and then the crowd went wild .

"Na na na na, na na na na, hey, hey, hey don't cry.
We've got the ball and, we're gonna score yeah, hey, hey, hey don't cry.
We're out to win yeah, you'll see our dust yeah, hey, hey, hey don't cry.
Na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye
SEE YA LATER!" The cheerleaders and cheered .

Sara did a jump in the air and a lot of the guys in the crowd yelled for her .

"She can't even point her toe " Clara said laughing .

"Yeah " Katherine said .

Jack made another basket and then the cheerleaders began to cheer .

"Great job Jack,
Super well done,
Come on Wildcats,
Let's score another one!
Great job Jack ,
Super well done,
Come on wildcats ,
Let's score another one!" The girls all cheered then did little kicks and stuff .

"He has his own cheer ?" Clara said .

"I didn't know that " Katherine said and laughed .
Jack scored once more and the game was 10-2 Wildcats in the lead , it was time for halftime .

During the halftime the entire drama team went down to the center of the court . Katherine was handed a mic .

"I wanted someone strong who could protect me.
I let his anger fester and infect me.
His solution is a lie.
No one here deserves to die except for me and the monster I created.
Yeah!
Yeah!
Heads up, JD, I'm a dead girl walking!" Katherine sang her voice was so powerful everyone was paying full attention.

Jack turned around from his seat and watched her , he drank his water bottle and saw her in her costume , her tiny little skirt and Mary Janes .

"Hey yo Wildcats !" The rest of the club sang , they changed the lyrics to the schools name to make it better for the game .

"Can't hide from me, I'm your dead girl walking!" Katherine sang her legs being shown perfectly .... And Jack took a second to watch it .

"Hey yo Wildcats "

"And there's your final bell,"
Then a sound effect of a bell.

"It's one more dance and then farewell,
Cheek to cheek in hell with a dead girl walkin'!" Katherine sang and her voice was so powerful she didn't even need the mic .

"Come on, Westerberg!
Here we go, Here we go now!" The girl playing Heather McNarma sang.

"Veronica! Jason Dean told us you'd just committed suicide!" The girl who played Ms. Fleming sang holding Katherine's hand.

"Yeah, well, he's wrong about a lot of things." Katherine said rolling her eyes .

"I threw together a lovely tribute, especially given the short notice."

"Ms. Fleming, what's under the gym?" Katherine asked her

"The boiler room." She said

"That's it!" Katherine said snapping one of her hands .

"Veronica, what's going on?" She asked

"Got no time to talk I'm a dead girl walking!" Katherine sang and everyone was in awe.

"Hey yo Wildcats!
Hey yo Wildcats !
Tell me what's that sound?
Here comes Wildcats!
Comin' to put you in the ground!
Go go Wildcats!
Give a great big yell!
The Wildcats  will knock you out
And send you straight to hell!" The people behind them snag .

"Step away from the bomb." Katherine said with her croquet mallet in hand .

"This little thing? I'd hardly call this a bomb. This is just to set off the packs of thermals upstairs in the gym.
Those are bombs. People are going to look at the ashes of Westerberg
And say there's a school that self-destructed not because society didn't care,
But because that school was society. The only place Heathers and Marthas can truly get along is in Heaven!" The boy who played JD said and was holding onto her waist . Jack wished that he was that kid .

"I wish your mom had been a little stronger.
I wish she stayed around a little longer.
I wish your dad were good!
I wish grown-ups understood!
I wish we met before they convinced you life is war!
I wish you'd come with me—" Katherine said tugging on his jacket .

"I wish I had more TNT!"

Then Katherine hit his fake gun with her mallet and it fell . They both began to fight for the gun. Him pinning her down, and Jack praying to go that he could do that ... One day .

"Hey yo Wildcats!
Hey yo Wildcats!
Tell me what's that sound?
Here comes Wildcats!
Comin' to put you in the ground!
Go go Wildcats!
Give a great big yell!
The Wildcats  will knock you out
And send you straight to hell!" The kids shouted and then Katherine 'shot the boy '

The audience clapped loudly for them. Katherine and the rest of the group bowed. Jack put his two fingers in his mouth and whistled for them , he cheered extremely loud.