Chapter Sixteen

Katherine and Jack were in their little room and Katherine took off her veil . She grabbed the small box and gently folded the veil in.

"You looked really pretty..." Jack said .

Katherine smiled and began to put her flats on"thank you ... You look very handsome " Katherine said .

"So ... We're married " Jack said looking around the room.

"Yep" Katherine said putting her heels in the box her flats where in.

"Now what ?" He asked .

"We go to the reception... Have food , dance and then go home and be awkward" Katherine said .

"What ? Are you going to go to your home and am I going to my home ? How does that work ?" Jack asked.

"I have no clue... I guess we can ask tonight " Katherine said .

The two then walked down the hall to the reception. Katherine grabbed his arm and took some of her train and put it on her arm.

"For the first time ever... Please welcome Mr. And Mrs. Jackson Marcus Kelly!" The DJ said .

Katherine and Jack walked out of the doors and photos were taken and people cheered . They smiled , faking it of course.

They sat down at their table , the lights were no longer on them but on the people on the dance floor .

"I'm gonna go use that bathroom" Jack said and walked away.
Katherine nodded and then took a sip of her ice tea.

She heard music play from Cinderella and then Jack offered her his hand . "Come dance with me " Jack said. Katherine took his hand and he lead them to the dance floor .everyone cleared the dance floor and it was just them .

"Ten minutes ago I saw you I looked up when you came through the door My head started reeling You gave me the feeling The room had no ceiling or floor Ten minutes ago I met you And we murmured our how-do-you-dos I wanted to ring out the bells And fling out my arms and to sing out the news " then Katherine pressed her head against his chest .

"I have found her, shes an angel With the dust of the stars in her eyes We are dancing, we are flying And shes me back to the skies In the arms of my love im flying Over mountain and meadow and glen And I like it so well, that for all I can tell I may never come down again I may never come down to earth again." And slowly photographers were snapping pictures .

"Ten minutes ago I met you And we murmured our how-do-you-dos I wanted to ring out the bells And fling out my arms and to sing out the news  " Jack trailed his hand down her waist , holding her tight .

"I have found her "
"I have found him "

"In the arms of my love Im flying Over mountain and meadow and glen And I like it so well That for all I can tell I may never come down again I may never come down to earth again" the song ended and everyone clapped . Jack held her hand as they walked back to their table .

Faster music played and more people danced . Jack looked at Katherine and noticed a small tear in her eye . "Katherine ? What's wrong ?"

"Nothing .... It's just ... I always wanted to dance to that song at my wedding ... With the man who I loved " she said .

"You did dance to it at your wedding , but not with the man you love " Jack said

"Oh ! I didn't mean it like that ! It's just, I wanted a strong romantic relationship... It's nothing against you Jack ... If anything it's against my father " Katherine said .

"Yeah ? "

Then Jack and Katherine's father walked to the DJ and grabbed mics. "Hello, ladies and gentlemen, I am Roger Kelly "

"And I am Joseph Pulitzer ... And we would like to thank you all for coming today... It means so much to Katherine and Jack that you all came ... Getting to celebrate this joyful day with us ... Family and friends "

"Now , we would like to give our children a gift ... Jackson , come here " Roger said . Jack walked away from Katherine, not before giving her hand a quick squeeze .

Roger and Joseph gave him two  pieces of paper One said Pulitzer and one said Kelly . Jack opened the Kelly one first and it read the rights to a large apartment. "You bought us an apartment ?" He asked his father . He smiled and he then opened the one that said Pulitzer . "And your paying for a honeymoon ?" Jack asked . Pulitzer clapped his back .

Jack motioned for Katherine to come to him . She stood next to him and he handed her one of the papers . She read it and then gasped , quickly she hugged Roger . Then she read her father and hugged him as well.