Chapter Eight

Chad's POV

I watched as she ran down the path and quickly get into his car. She looked beautiful as usual. I hated him, how could she love him when he hurts her so much. I would give anything for her to be mine. As the anger bubbled up inside me I knew I had to get out of this house.  

"Scott I'm going mate, I need to go for a run or something!" I shouted picking up my keys. 

"Ok mate, give us a ring later." 

My car was already here, I slammed the door as I climbed in the driver’s seat. I started to punch the steering wheel in anger. What does she see in him? I sighed loudly as I threw my head back against the head rest, pushing my hands through my short hair.

Once I got home I quickly changed in to my grey sweats, as I walked into the kitchen to grab a bottle of water my mum was sitting up the table which was unusual as she's always in work. 

"Hey son, you ok?" She smiled. 

"Yeah I'm fine, why aren't you in work?" I asked as I opened my bottle. 

"Got a few hours off before I'm due back in, where you off?"  

My mum worked in the local hospital so she was hardly ever home, she worked really hard to support us both. My dad left when I was younger, he ran off with my mum’s best friend. 

"Nothing really just going to go for a run, when you due back in work?"  

She smiled as she stood up taking her cup to the sink. "I'm due in about six if you fancy dinner?" 

"Yeah that sounds good, I will take you out. Be ready for four," I kissed her on the cheek and went out the door. 

I shoved in my earphones and ran down the path. Everything seemed to remind me of Elise, which was a real head wrecker. My legs started to hurt after a couple of hours, so I decided to head back. I flopped on my bed, sweat covering my body.  

"Chad it's nearly four, are you ready?" Mum shouted up. 

"Won't be long just jumping a quick shower!" I grabbed my towel and hurried into my bathroom. 

Once I was finally done we left for dinner, it was nice to spend some time with my mum which we don't often do. I told her a bit about Elise, which really shocked her. She's always liked Elise and knew how I felt about her. After dinner I dropped my mum off at the hospital and drove back home. The television was rubbish and I couldn't concentrate much as my mind just thought about Elise. Grabbing my phone I decided to text her.

To: Elise 

From: Chad

Please talk to me Elise! 

I have to see you x

I closed my eyes picturing Elise's beautiful face, the feel of her soft pink lips as they touched mine made me smile. My phone bleeped, it was a message from Elise,

To: Chad 

From: Elise

I'm sorry! 

This is for the best... 

Goodbye x

What the hell does that mean? What is for the best? I sat staring at the text, trying to understand what it meant. I decided to ring her but the call just rang out. I quickly texted her,

To: Elise 

From: Chad

What's for the best? Answer you phone Lis!